Ignatius Howard - Any evidence of Ignatius Howard's parents?

Started by Mike Stangel on Monday, December 7, 2020
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 9 posts
12/7/2020 at 4:29 PM

Hi, in the discussion from a couple days ago Private User asserts that there is no evidence for the parents of Ignatius -- I don't see any sources on this profile and the Overview doesn't mention a father named Henry. Does anyone have a source for Henry & Mary as his parents?

Tagging Angus Wood-Salomon since he curates daughter Elizabeth.

12/7/2020 at 5:15 PM

I think I assumed curating his daughter Elizabeth as a caretaker, I do not have any information on this family.

12/8/2020 at 3:19 AM

Profile notes in “about” have DNA should be E-M35 (E1b1b1a1b1) - but profile DNA Markers: R1b1a2a1a1b3c?

Ancestry for Ignatius described but not sourced here:

https://www.genealogy.com/ftm/f/i/s/Rita-A-Fishman-AZ/WEBSITE-0001/...

12/8/2020 at 9:19 AM

Erica Howton I believe the DNA mismatch is part of the motivation for questioning what we have here. Isn't that genealogy.com link just a publication of a single person's unsourced Family Tree Maker tree?

12/8/2020 at 10:06 AM

Yes, indeed. However there are good notes in the FTM page for Ignatius Howard.

Private User
12/31/2020 at 12:10 PM

Hello all:
Would one of you please help me on this? The info that Katie McDonald inserted into my Howard tree is completely wrong!!! Why is this permitted to happen with no discussion with the person (me) who did all the groundwork and documented research to build this tree line to where it is?? She messed up the whole tree and now I can do nothing about it!! Please lock my line at Ignatius and get rid of the ancestry she stuck in!!
Lani Friend

12/31/2020 at 12:16 PM

Private User I’ll disconnect Ignatius Howard who married Sarah Sims for you from parents showing as Henry Howard and Mary (Howard) Howard and lock relationships so they cannot be added again in error.

But please - you and anyone else - don’t “blank out” names, ask for a disconnect instead. Blanking the names of profiles makes it far more difficult to manage the Geni tree.

I understand the frustration, but this is why and how curators can help. And blanks make it harder.

Thank you for your contributions to Geni and here’s to an accurate ancestry for Ignatius being found one day.

Private User
12/31/2020 at 12:48 PM

Erica:
Thank you SO much for correcting my Howard line and locking it at Ignatius! I greatly appreciate it. Can you also delete the incorrect DNA haplotype Ms. McDonald pasted in? Thank you again.
I didn't get an email that anything was being done about this problem as I usually do in such a situation, so it looked as if I was stuck with it.
As you know, if the lineage is totally incorrect, there is no point in compiling a family tree or world tree or any other tree for that matter. I think blanks are far preferable to incorrect data because readers are misled by false data assuming it is correct and thus errors are exponentially perpetuated up the tree and extend to other trees as well.
I would propose that GENi find some way to prevent people like Ms. McDonald from barging into other people's trees and mucking them up with inaccuracies. That is far more egregious IMHO than a few blank boxes.
Again, much gratitude and best wishes for the New Year!
Lani Friend

12/31/2020 at 1:46 PM

Private User -

Glad to help, but I need to re empahasize - “blanking” never works. It just took me an hour to revert the blanks for profiles entered by someone else - so all that happens from this method of error correction is messing up someone else’s tree. Not your intent, I’m sure.

A disconnect is something a pro or curator can do, ask at the discussion:

ATTENTION Curators, please assist
https://www.geni.com/discussions/216411

I’m curious about the Jeffries - Jeffers (via Sims) in your tree, I have an obscure connection to an obscure Kentucky Jeffers family.

I’m not sure what you mean about “pasted DNA.” At the moment it looks like there is no DNA uploaded that makes its way to Ignatius - hopefully a “good” result of the disconnect. :)

Showing all 9 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion