Basil Jefferson - How many children with Miss Foster?

Started by Cynthia Curtis, A183502, US7875087, Tree builder on Thursday, March 25, 2021
Showing all 16 posts

Please check the profile.

4 different partners so this is possible but I am looking at the Y and trying to do a clean up.
TIA.

3/27/2021 at 6:28 PM

Unknown, I have all of them listed as his although that is not a certainty. I have been meaning to follow up on this by checking into Emily Mary and Celia's descendants, Celia moved to SC, Emily and Mary to Tennessee, from what I can tell from the census records; it's been quite some time and I need to revisit it, Emily had several children out of wedlock and then married, I don't recall her husband's surname right off. On the subject of Y Chromosomes, I myself am I-Y6229 officially according to 23andMe, autosomally, and predicted I-M253 (obviously) from STR's at Family Tree, I can further speculate (with some degree of certainty) that BY-316 is the more accurate subclade. I notice that you seem to be trying to follow the R's though, of which there are more than one Foster groups (different Paternal lines). I recognize the Hicks line, but I can't place it off the top of my head, I will look at where you tie in and then I'll have a better idea of who's Y you're looking for and what their subclade might be. I've been busy the last couple of weeks doing code work for a piece of analysis software and have been away from the research end. I'm about through with the work and will be getting back to sorting matches shortly. When I do I will sort out how we're related, and then I will be better able to help find what answers you're looking for. I have a small tree (about 5000) here https://www.myheritage.com/site-722357311/foster , just request membership and i'll click you in. This Geni tree is really just a bridge between My Heritage and my FamilyTreeDNA Gedcom, I don't follow it "as" closely. Anyway, It's nice to meet you, again, if you have any questions that I might could answer just ask.

Tyler

Jon Tyler Foster, this is "my" closest Foster: Almeda Jane Self Emerson is my 2nd great grandmother

At Wikitree, https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Foster-25001 's mother Tabitha has that beautiful DNA green check mark next to it. Thanks to the many people who have DNA tested and triangulate and whatever it takes for Wikitree to put that confirmation notice in place. I love it.

So the male line i am most interested in is Almedia's father, husband to my DNA check marked Tabitha: John Franklin Foster. I have not worked much with the Y happlos and find them confusing as all get out but am learning.

Ideally, folks will remove relationships that are confirmed to be incorrect and argue the case for those that ARE DNA confirmed and make the notes wherever possible so that the lines are seen as proven :)

Thank you, sir. Wonderful to meet you as well.

From the Geni, this Basil was the partner of Mary "Polly" Foster // ( I have the // rather than Jefferson as her children are named Foster and not Jefferson)

So these would be two different Foster Y lines as this one is Foster maternal and Jefferson... Are these Fosters genetically Jefferson? Does that go on to be part of a Jefferson Y Project?

I am trying to tag Mary but cannot. Geni is having a technical difficulty

geni.com/people/Mary-Polly-Foster/6000000032871162024?through=6000000000537649026

https://www. geni.com/people/Monroe-Foster/6000000174002672359?through=6000000118668216833 is another line with Foster mother and going by her maiden name rather than that of the father who is said to be Moses Comer.

3/31/2021 at 9:59 AM

Yes, the descendants of Basil and Mary are Jefferson Y (I-Y6229)

This profile is showing I-M253

6/21/2021 at 10:46 PM

I just got my Big Y results in and the terminal SNP for Basil Jefferson's line is I-Y37939 specifically, I do have a set of STR markers for any male descendant of F Edmund Foster born in the 1750's, if you would like a copy just let me know. Oh, also, descendants of Edward Foster son of Fendel are a completely different haplotype, let me know if you need those markers/ the Y segment read, and I'll extract it out for you.

Hope this helps,
Tyler

But Jon Tyler Foster YOUR Y DNA is Jefferson, NOT Foster.

Mary A Foster you and I are still 7th cousins through Foster but your Foster was a female who had a child wih a Jefferson and the name didn't change because there was no marriage so her child was raised a Foster. But this is a Jefferson line so it doesn't help for Foster men searching a line.

Curious. You added Edmond in November 2020 and again in January 2021 and again 2 June 2021.
I have just merged them again and there are a handful of no namec children you added. Please flesh them out if you are able.
I understand needing to revisit a line... but I don't know who the children are without investigating and i am onto another line right now, cousin

I merged a bunch of these new duplicates but not all. I will let you do that.

I have been hoping Geni would get their DNA integration issue with FtDNA fixed!
No new DNA matches and no new uploads for new Geni users or old ones that have since tested.

Showing all 16 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion