Is the DNA upload working?

Started by Susanne Floyd on Saturday, April 17, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Showing all 8 posts
4/17/2021 at 2:57 PM

Not sure where to post this, but I just tried to upload my mtDNA and autosomal results from FTDNA and I don't think it is processing. I remember vaguely that someone said there were problems. Any resolution? Thanks.

4/17/2021 at 4:09 PM

No, it isn't working and an ETA for when fixing the problem is done hasn't been made by FTDNA nor Geni.

4/17/2021 at 6:47 PM

Thanks for the update, Remi Trygve Pedersen. I am excited about getting the information for mtDNA, so hope we have an announcement soon.

Private User
4/17/2021 at 6:52 PM

It has been broken since Feb. 12th.
Mike reported on it on Mar. 12 https://www.geni.com/discussions/157595?msg=1458493

4/17/2021 at 7:17 PM

Thanks, Private User. That is a long time to be "broken" around here.

Private User
4/17/2021 at 7:57 PM

myDNA and FTDNA merged in January https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/pharmacogenetic-and-geneal...
I keep wondering if maybe myDNA didn't like the arrangement FTDNA had with Geni for some reason or wanted it paused while they evaluated it or??
To me, seems hard to guess how programming that was working fine for so long could suddenly break so seriously if both sides still wanted it working.

4/17/2021 at 8:15 PM

Private User, I have taken two other atDNA tests - Ancestry and My Heritage. I tried to link My Heritage when I first came on to Geni and thought it was weird that they were "sister" companies and could not upload. So I have taken the full test with FTDNA thinking it will load. I hope that I will be able to do so, but wonder if this is just some territorial spat.

Something needs to be done as many of us would like to use DNA to assist our research. I am not an expert at it by any means, but would like to learn more. Maybe it will open up the lines of communication and get something done.

4/17/2021 at 8:17 PM

By "it" ("Maybe it)" I mean this discussion. We need to have DNA as a tool. It is advertised as such on the site right now. I went through the process today. No results.

Showing all 8 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion