dayan family tree to king David

Started by Eli Rubin on Thursday, April 29, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 10 posts
4/29/2021 at 8:49 AM

I don't know if this has been posted anywhere yet, and since I'm not a member of the group I can't add it myself, so I'll put a link here.

https://download.hebrewbooks.org/downloadhandler.ashx?req=5901

Info on the King David of Israel line begins on page 15 and an 82 generation tree begins on page 18 and ends on 46.
The book, Yashir Moshe, by R' Moshe Dayan (no, not the famous Israeli general with the eye patch) is a commentary on shir hashirim (song of songs). The tree itself is very similar to one found in the Cairo Geniza.

4/29/2021 at 9:15 AM

Hello Mr. Eli Rubin,

Thanks for the post. Unfortunately It is in Hebrew and I cannot read it. According to GENI we are very (very) distant cousins ("Eli Rubin is your 55th cousin") and King David is supposedly my great grandfather ("King David of Israel is your 101st great grandfather"). Is is possible to believe remotely in such information? Of course one must feel really proud of that, but it is a bit difficult to believe that we can trace our roots till King David of Israel.

Best Regards from Brazil,
Antonio Marques

4/29/2021 at 11:07 AM

I could read Hebrew if you need me to, but it's not that important. I am pretty skeptical that such trees are correct, and I'm definitely sure that not all of those trees are all 100% correct, meaning I do know that some of the trees have discrepancies in them. At the same time, given that a lot of those generations have been corroborated by similar trees that are hundreds of years old, it is not unlikely that a number of those trees in their complete state are actually correct.

5/1/2021 at 3:34 AM

Dear Eli Rubin, i would love tofor you to help me read the Hebrew! My 10th g grandmother was a David and i can trace her lineage back to about 1140 CE.ii don't have it memorized so i would need to check my facts but im told her line takes me back to King David. Can you help me read the Hebrew script?

5/2/2021 at 12:29 PM

this website has the tree in english http://www.dayanofaleppo.com/inttree.aspx

5/2/2021 at 4:57 PM

I tracked it on the geni tree until g25 Hasadya ., 7th Exilarch After that the trees diverge.

Haim WARTSKI,HACOHEN

5/2/2021 at 5:32 PM

There were a few geni members who created a separate line apparently based on this sefer, but there are many errors.

It starts from Moshe Ben-Dayan and goes up from there.

5/2/2021 at 5:36 PM

"haim wartski(Hachoen) is your 55th cousin."

"Moshe Ben-Dayan is your 40th cousin 12 times removed."

5/2/2021 at 11:35 PM

Dovid Rosenbaum

There are many family trees in geni that are split
And causes errors in the general tree.
In the Bible tree, I prefer that
Shmuel-Aharon Kam (Kahn / שמואל-אהרן קם (קאן

Will deal with it. And I ask (and I asked for it two years ago) that all the biblical tree be with locked master profiles. Only this will prevent many people from making mistakes (and unfortunately also forgeries)

5/10/2021 at 12:44 AM

Understand and in my case certain Geni curators should not be distorting my pedigree and blocking access to especially male ancestral Macdonalds who are non Haplo E. Most of the prominent Sleat Macdonald ancestors have not been tested yet it is assumed the higher up Macdonalds are all haplo R. This is shameful practice on part of curators to dilute and insert phantom matriarchal pedigree to my tree to plug holes. I am tempted to get legal here if this practice continues

Showing all 10 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion