am I related bar

Started by Private User on Thursday, May 13, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Showing all 2 posts
Private User
5/13/2021 at 10:02 AM

I entered my mothers family tree years ago and just recently added my dads. The relationship bar always goes through my mothers line to give my relationship. , when it should go through my fathers line. why is this.? My mothers line has a major error and is not correct anyway, so any relationship there is flawed. my direct line through my dad is not showing in the bar.

5/13/2021 at 1:27 PM

I have had a look at your tree. I was able to merge quite some duplicates on your father's line and you are now much stronger connected to the world tree on that side.
So hopefully you now get some relationships going through your father. It can still happen especially if the years between parents and children is smaller on one side and in the same time period you get one or more generations extra, because relationships are normally displayed by the shortest distance first.

If you can give an example of a person to whom you want to see the relationship, then I'm happy to have look what the issue might be. (please can you copy the profile url from the address bar; it should look like https://www.geni.com/ people/John-Hamlin/6000000003918928395 (without the space)).

On another note, can you have a look in your tree. Some more merges need happening but some of your profiles are private even though they have died long ago.

Showing all 2 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion