SV/PRG2 Label wrt https://www.geni.com/people/Wouter-Corneliss-Mostert-SV-PROG2/6000000010159912156?through=6000000004102201172#/tab/media

Started by Private User on Sunday, May 23, 2021
Showing all 4 posts
Private User
5/23/2021 at 4:26 AM

Thank you for accepting me as a collaborator to this project. I am still new to working with projects and have a lot to learn.

Please could someone explain what the label SV/PRG2 means.

Wouter Mostert arrived in the Cape of Good Hope before 20 March 1656

Wouter Corneliss Mostert

He has two recorded children, both daughters, which would mean that he is a progenitor but not the start of a surname line.

His profile is labelled SV/PRG2

His brother Jan/Johannes Mostert arrived in the Cape of Good Hope before 20 March 1672

Jan Cornelisz Mostert

He has eleven recorded children, six of whom are sons , which would mean that he is a progenitor and the start of a surname line.

His profile is labelled SV/PRG

I would appreciate your input on whether the label SV/PRG2 for Wouter Mostert is correct.

5/23/2021 at 4:46 AM

they are both the start of the Mostert Family but diffrent branches in south africa ie they both arrived and have their own linage

Private User
5/23/2021 at 5:04 AM

Thanks Aletta, I agree that they both have their own branches of lineage (although they do have a common ancestor in their father).

My question is really what does the number 2 refer to- arrival date , date of first descendant or male vs female descendants.

I hope that was a little clearer?

5/24/2021 at 2:40 AM

no it is just to indentify them in lineage as the one most probably arrived before the other

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion