Funeral of Mrs. Mary Ann Arnald

Started by Private User on Tuesday, May 25, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

• Private User
    Geni Pro
Private User
5/25/2021 at 8:31 AM

Thnak you for admitting me to your discussion. However the two documents detailing the trappings for Mrs. Arnold's funeral are probably going to be the only things I can offer. I have taken photos and would like to send them to someone in the group. As Mrs. Arnald lived in London, perhaps one of your U.K. members? The writing is exquisite. The (?)'s I had to put in was for a particularly fancy flourish that Mr. Gibbs used, apparently had multiple meanings.

At 72 years old, I am a troglodyte on a computer. I share documents with extended family by email, then send originals and copies out by mail.

I have worked my way backward through five generations of stored family materials, and found this in my 2nd great grandfather Joseph Coffin Pickard's archives. He documented his American ancestry. Then he worked to find every American Pickard descendant, both male and female (a 185 page result). Last, he began a search for connections between John Pickard 'the emigrant' and possible early English and French Pickard/Picard/Pyckard families.
This document was in that file.

As my family members have no interest in indirectly connected material, I have been sending pertenant original documents to distant cousins that I have met through Geni. I have also sent a box of JCP's correspondence with classmates to Bowdoin college, It is my hope eventually to find homes for each of his projects.

Your group seems the best home for this orphan document. If you could decide which member of your group would be the best person to send it to, I will mail the original. If you want to look at my photos first, I would need to email them to someone who can get it up om the website for you all to see.

Thank you,
Anne Knuth

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion