Detaching profile from Tree

Started by Gene Krauss on Monday, June 14, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Showing all 5 posts
6/14/2021 at 6:52 AM

Geni is not letting me detach a profile from my Tree, even after I deleted other connected profiles.

Eva Pitcher Hurwitz husband's name is Aaron Hurwitz. I mistakenly attached or merged "Aaron Sumner Hurwitz" as her husband but the 2 Aarons are unrelated.

So I tried to delete Aaron Sumner Hurwitz from the tree but the system is not letting me do so. Please fix this as I think it is a system error. Thank you.

Private User
6/17/2021 at 2:20 PM

If there are folks that are connected by Aaron Sumner Hurwitz then you cannot delete Aaron Sumner Hurwitz.

This Public Discussion is specifically for asking for help from Curators, and is always monitored: https://www.geni.com/discussions/216411
Post your request there, including copying and pasting the URL for the profile for Aaron Sumner Hurwitz, and you should get help.

Private User
6/17/2021 at 2:25 PM

PS -- unless you are the one who added the profile and its only manager, you should not delete it, and even then it is often better not to delete it.

6/18/2021 at 6:54 AM

Private User

Thank you for your reply and suggestion.

1) That's why I needed the assistance of a Curator. The matter has been resolved.

2) Geni should add a feature that allows mistaken mergers to be reversed by the party that made the mistake without the need for Curator intervention.

3) Curiously, by doing the mistaken merger I was automatically added as a Co-Manager on the merged Tree. I would never do it but as a Co-Manager I could have removed all connected names from the merged tree, thereby destroying valid connections to that Tree. While Geni's program permits this abuse to be done it does NOT permit reversal of a merger without Curator intervention. We are human and make mistakes. We need a new feature allowing a reversal of a merger by the party that created the mistaken merger. A time limit in which to do so could even be incorporated into such a new feature before it becomes permanent.

Private User
6/18/2021 at 7:06 AM

Gene Krauss
Good to hear it has been resolved.

Minor quibble -- There are no Managers (or Co-Managers) of Trees on Geni, just of Profiles.

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion