Angie D Ransom - Angeline Delphine Ransom

Started by Charlotte Marcia Ransom Litsinger on Tuesday, June 15, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 4 posts
6/15/2021 at 8:14 AM

There are two Angeline Ransoms one is not her half sister she is one and the same.Daughter of Ira Ransom.

6/15/2021 at 10:55 AM

I'm not sure I understand your question. I do not have a Angeline Ransom in my tree. I am showing only a Angie D Ransom, dau of Ira Ransom. The source I am showing for Angie D Ransom is WFT Volume 46 Tree 1542. I just now found Angeline Ransom, w/o Jonathan C Latimer in the Find A Grave and apparently "Angie" is a nickname, so they are one in the same. Also found this on William Ransom's Find A Grave, who is Ira's brother. Here is the following..
We know according to research Angeline was the natural daughter of Ira Ransom and Sarah Forman Ransom. However, she was adopted at age 16 (3 Sept 1852) by her natural father's brother, Colonel William Ransom & his wife Angeline Martin Ransom.

William & Angeline Ransom had 2 children of their own, Samuel & Angeline who both died as toddlers. It appears that this other Angeline was adopted days after the death of their daughter Angeline. Who knows the total story since this Angeline didn't marry until she was 34 years old?"

Hope that helps. I am currently updating (or trying) information on my Family Tree Software, my family tree. I see by looking here a little bit, I can know enter quite a bit of info, but currently working on another line. Was thinking about going thru the Brooks line next, which will take up the question you have.

6/16/2021 at 10:00 AM

I don't have a question. I have my family books and letters going back to the revolutionary war. If you have any questions please let me know.

6/17/2021 at 3:53 AM

Oh okay. Thank you. No question for now, but will keep you in mind.

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion