Elizabeth Campbell (Yowell) - Does this help?

Started by Cynthia Curtis, A183502, US7875087 on Thursday, June 17, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 5 posts
Private User
6/17/2021 at 2:29 PM

Yes it does . I have some info that I have collected from various sites. I didn't have this. I am related on my bio-mom's side through Williams.-- Padgett - Lilliard's back to Elias Campbell. Sarah Williams (Padgett /Lillard ) was illegitimate through John "Jack" Lillard Cocke Co. TN. From Cocke Co.TN. Another lady ,Nancy Mantooth ---- another illegitimate branch---Cherokee trace back trace back to Uhl's . this lady's dad was called "Cherokee Tom" .It's said John Jack Lillard wanted to marry the Mantooth lady but his parent's wouldn't let him. She later married a Ford. One of my 1/2 sisters is related to Uhl's through both ladies. Padgett/Lillard our mom and Mantooth on her Dad's side.

6/17/2021 at 2:48 PM

Good, Private User!

Yes, I am familiar with Cherokee Tom. I found a possible child of his for a close DNA cousin but she rejected it outright and insists our relationship is via Hicks as she has an illegitimate ancestral grandmother living near a Hicks male and has DNA matches. However, THAT Hicks is not related to ME in any way and actually goes through my maternal side while I have many Montieth/Mantooth cousin/DNA matches.... these NA and AA lines are very difficult to track and every little bit helps, I tend to believe :)

6/17/2021 at 2:50 PM

Many of our Native American ancestors married our immigrant ancestors.... to me it is a win/win.
In the meantime I am neck deep in Germanna ancestors right now as we try to get the lines as correct as possible.

Private User
6/18/2021 at 6:16 AM

Thanks for merging this biography. Yes, all information helps. DNA does help with research. I matched my great -grandmother to a family unrelated to Uhl line. That had circumstantial evidence via two distant cousins who e-mailed me on FTDNA this way. I was adopted so this helped get me on the tree of some unrelated families who added me to their trees. . I love history. The story of how some Cherokee in N.C. avoided the "Trail of Tears" was very interesting to read to me when I looked that up. The Uhl's survival just to get to America is interesting also.

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion