Peter Alexander - Peter Alexander Son of Alexander Wamsutta Pokanoket please confirm tree connection

Started by Private User on Sunday, July 4, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 26 posts
Private User
7/4/2021 at 11:29 PM

Hello, Dr. Anwar Ibrahim here, I was following the Alexander line today with my father On July this 4th.
According to the LDS church records we have we don’t show this connection for our family tree.

I personally always have believed our Pool / Alexander line was mixed with Native lines.

But, we must have record , or, verified path to this to claim this assumption.

Please Help:

whoever has connected our Alexander line to:

Alexander Wamsutta Pokanoket, Wampanoag

Wamsutta / Alexander, sachem of the Pokanoket

Weetamoe

sunksqua Weetamoo

I have been extensive Native American research on many of my family trees. Multiple of my Mormon LDS lines were mix bloods. This would tie another which is important to me.

Please verify this connection for me. ((( Erica))) Hope you know something about this one. I see some revision work by your name. I am excited to understand more.

Anyone please chime in.

Respect and Love, Anwar

Private User
7/4/2021 at 11:32 PM

Important to me because this is my direct path.
https://www.geni.com/path/Dr-Anwar-Ibrahim+is+related+to+Alexander-...

7/5/2021 at 1:50 AM

Dr. Ibrahim. I believe you are referring to Philip Alexander having been a son of Peter, who was reportedly a son of Masaquoit. et al. blood line. i believe this theory was floating around along time before DNA testing was around, and was dreamed up by wishful thinking. Philip Alexander , was instead born in Northampton , MA on 07 Sept, 1688. His father was Nathaniel Alexander, 29 December 1652 Windsor , CT. son of George Alexander from Sterling Scotland. Although Philip Alexander was (of Woburn) were he married, and later died in Warren County NY during the French and Indian war, 26 Aug, 1758. My DNA has been tested and there is no Indian DNA in my makeup. It's all European. Peter Alexander was a son of Philip, but there is no evidence of Peter as a relative of Philip, also some material indicated he may have been Philip's father with that made up Indian connection.

Private User
7/5/2021 at 3:04 PM

I did find this on Wiki matching the current tree line here on Geni.

Massasoit had five children: son Wamsutta, who was born between 1621 and 1625; son Pometecomet, Metacomet, or Metacom; son Sonkanuchoo; and daughters Amie and Sarah. Soon after his death, Wamsutta and Pometecomet went to Plymouth and asked the Pilgrims to give them English names. The court named them Alexander and Philip. Wamsutta, the eldest, became sachem of the Pokanokets on the death of his father.[11] He died within a year, and his brother Metacom succeeded him in 1662.[12] Amie married Tispaquin and was the only one of Massasoit's five children to survive King Philip's War in 1676.

Private User
7/5/2021 at 3:17 PM

Our Peter Alexander here would be the son of the listed Alexander above.

Native American DNA and results.

I have actually studied DNA 🧬 for over a decade and have submitted my DNA to over 8 companies:

As far as Native American DNA showing in a autosomal DNA report is concerned, unless you had a native ancestor or multiple mixed ancestry within the past 3 to for generations you most likely, “WILL NOT” show any Native American DNA in your results.

Based on chromosomes and what is inherited from each parent, grand parent , and so on, the more generations that have past, the less inheritance you will receive.

Ultimately, not showing in your DNA 🧬 does not necessarily mean you do not descend from a Native Line.

It clearly shows for the past 4 to 5 generations your inheritance has been mostly American Colonial European Ancestry.

Hope this clarifies for those not showing native DNA but may have a native ancestor 6 to 10 generations back.

7/5/2021 at 9:32 PM

All I have to add, is that I have tracked records of my family, and they trace back to Europe without any Indian ancestry. Perhaps I have been speaking of a different Philip Alexander..

Private User
7/5/2021 at 9:39 PM

do appreciate the discussion and feedback.
Please check your family trees and dates attached and see.

There definitely can be many Phillip and Peter Alexander’s.

Private User
7/5/2021 at 11:39 PM
Private User
7/12/2021 at 2:47 PM

Can A curator help please?

7/13/2021 at 10:41 PM

Philip Alexander Sr
Philip Alexander Sr
1688–1758
BIRTH 07 SEP 1688 • Northampton, Hampshire, Massachusetts, USA
DEATH 26 AUG 1758 • Lake George, Warren, New York, USA
6th great-grandfather Add MyTreeTags™
Research tabs
LifeStory Facts Gallery Hints
Skip to SourcesFilterAdd
Facts
Birth
07 Sep 1688 • Northampton, Hampshire, Massachusetts, USA
2 Sources

(AGE)

Marriage
1710 • Woburn, Middlesex, Massachusetts, USA

Joanna Roberts
(1694–1758)

1 Source

Marriage

Joanna Roberts
(1694–1758)

1 Source

Marriage
1710 • Woburn, Middlesex, Massachusetts, United States

Joanna Roberts
(1694–1758)

Marriage
1711 • Woburn, MA
1 Source

Marriage
1716 • Woburn, Middlesex, Massachusetts

Joanna Roberts
(1694–1758)

Marriage
1716 • Woburn, Middlesex, Massachusetts, USA

Joanna Roberts
(1694–1758)

Death
26 Aug 1758 • Lake George, Warren, New York, USA
2 Sources

Probate
1758 • Middlesex, Massachusetts, USA
1 Source

Add fact
Skip to FamilyAdd
Sources
Ancestry Sources
American Genealogical-Biographical Index (AGBI)
Ancestry Family Trees
Family Data Collection - Births
Family Data Collection - Individual Records
View Source
Massachusetts, Wills and Probate Records, 1635-1991
Millennium File
U.S. and International Marriage Records, 1560-1900
U.S. and International Marriage Records, 1560-1900
View Source
Woburn records of births, deaths, and marriages
Search on Ancestry
Add source
Add web link
Skip to FactsAdd
Family
Biological parents

Lt. Nathaniel Alexander
1652–1742

Hannah Allyn
1661–1742

Additional parent relationships
Siblings
Spouse & Children

Joanna Roberts
1694–1758

Philip Alexander Jr.
1711–1757

Peter Alexander
1714–1771

David Alexander
1716–1773

David Alexander
1716–1773

Giles Alexander
1718–1723

Giles Alexander
1718–1724

Giles Alexander
1718–1723

Thomas Alexander
1721–1756

Thomas Alexander
1721–1756

Thomas Alexander
1721–1756

Thomas Alexander
1721–1756

Giles Alexander
1723–1805

Giles Alexander
1723–1805

Giles Alexander
1723–1805

Richard Alexander
1725–1726

Richard Alexander
1725–1726

Richard Alexander
1725–1726

Joanna Alexander
1727–1754

Joanna Alexander
1727–1754

Joanna Alexander
1727–1754

Richard Alexander
1729–1810

Richard Alexander
1729–1810

Richard Alexander
1729–1810

John Alexander
1732–

John Alexander
1732–

John Alexander
1732–

Abraham Alexander
1735–1776

Abraham Alexander
1735–1776

Abraham Alexander
1735–1776

Spouse & Children

Add spouse
David Alexander
1716–1773

John Alexander
1732–1790

Add family

7/13/2021 at 10:43 PM

Born in Massachusetts, United States on 1650 to Wamsutta "Moanam" "Alexander Pokanoket" of the Pokanoket Tribe and Wampanoag Nation and Namumprum Tatapanum Weetamoo(Weetamoe?) Pokanoket. Peter Alexander passed away on 1702 in Massachusetts, United States.

This is built from member trees, not source documents.

7/13/2021 at 10:46 PM

This was my relative time period in the 1600's which tied Philip Alexander back to Connecticut, Massachusetts. You can find my Alexander Family Tree on ancestry @ calexan214

7/13/2021 at 10:50 PM

FTDNA has examined my DNA, and shows no American Native Blood. Before about 10 years ago, this theory of a relation to Natives Americans also appeared in my research, and was a theory developed on speculation by two women, as I remember, in Massachusetts, who were playing on King Philip and his son, and circumstantial evidence around the time of Prince Philips War.

7/13/2021 at 10:54 PM

Obviously, I haven't yet merged some duplicates.

7/13/2021 at 10:55 PM

Charles D Alexander - very informative, thank you.

7/13/2021 at 11:23 PM

Evidence of this theory can still be found as hints and posts on Philip Alexander's profile in Ancestry.com.

7/13/2021 at 11:30 PM

I went ahead and updated Peter Alexander, {Probably fictional}

I take it his ancestry is unknown?

Private User
7/14/2021 at 2:29 PM

Charles I explained to you that Native American DNA does not show in an autosomal report past 3 or 4 generations.

I feel my tree details match up to this point and is still plausible.

We just need proof of record to this tree line.

Private User
7/14/2021 at 2:48 PM

I also do not appreciate that you wrote in the about section that Peter is Not the son of Wamsutta.

It must remain hung until possible proof may be found.

A FTDNA report is not enough to prove so.

We are visiting history of over 8-10 generations ago.
Our Alexander line Married into The Hatch line with a deep Native connection. Jeremiah Hatch being an Indian farmer and government agent for the tribes of San Pete. He was friends with the Shoshone, Snakes, and Bannock tribes.

The Hatch line Married into our Brown Line Which were documented in North Carolina as mixed bloods.

So we need to revisit the trees that make Peter The Son of Alexander.

Also Name patterns give clues and there is definitely a pattern of using family members names for their children.

I see a pattern of Louis / Louisa in my tree . And Philip on my tree Being the Son of Peter Correct?

Well, Alexander Wamsutta’s Brothers court name was Philip. (Coincidence or Clue)

We need to visit proof of this tree connection to Wampanoag.

7/14/2021 at 2:53 PM

I used standard curator terminology. You are more than welcome to add notes to Profile.

Private User
7/19/2021 at 7:48 PM

Erica I have no issues with your curating.
I am referring to Charles Alexander .

Ps . I read several books trying to find documentation of family tree lines to Wamsutta Alexander.

The problem I have found thus far is; After his death by poisoning. It appears shortly after King Philip’s war began.

All of Philips family were considered enemies and many of his family were kidnapped and murdered.

It would make sense that Wamsuttas family would go into hiding and not want the connection to Wampanoag because of fear.

Most books and article findings mention more about Philip and his family.

I would love to learn How our Alexander line may connect to all this.

How the tree connected is still a mystery.

Someone with knowledge to this tree line please share.

Private User
7/19/2021 at 8:18 PM

Erica your knowledge and work are always appreciated!

7/19/2021 at 10:39 PM

Thank you.

You probably know I find there’s been genealogical “cultural appropriation” around Native American peoples, so I’d like to hear from native Americans when we work on these lines for Geni.

My observation is that in cross cultural marriages at this time and place I n history, children became part of the native world, not the other way around, and in fact, descent may not be aware of European ancestry.

There’s a famous find in the First Nations Rice family in Canada, as example. Y DNA testing proved descent from a notable colonist. Several grand children had been kidnapped, and ultimately absorbed into a Canadian tribe.

8/5/2021 at 1:09 AM

Mr. Ibrahim, Believe what you want, but my Philip Alexander of Northampton, MA was not the son of Peter Alexander as some profiles show. My Philip Alexander married his wife in Woburn MA and died in Warren NY , near, Lake George, NY, in 1758,during the French and Indian Wars. As I have said before , Philip Alexander, my ancestor,, is not the son of Peter Alexander. My Philip Alexander was the son of Nathaniel Alexander who lived in the Connecticut Valley.of Massachusetts. As I have said before, I believe the references to Peter Alexander being the father of Philip Alexander of Woburn Massachusetts, are bogus. Perhaps that is why it is difficult to find corroborations. I do wish you good hunting however, and I hope you find him. No disrespect intended.

8/5/2021 at 1:18 AM

Concerning DNA evidence, I am part of the Connecticut Family of the Alexanders who migrated into the Connecticut Valley in 1640. I have a genetic marker , a IM-283 gene that traces me back to Ayrshire, Kintyre,and Argyle in South East Scotland. and further back to Sweden. If there were any Native American Markers they would show up in DNA, counter to your claims.

8/5/2021 at 7:15 PM

I would add that I have been researching Philip Alexander for over 40 years. Before the internet , we, my family and I could not get back to Philip's origination. We relied on Winthrop Alexander's monogram produced in the 1930's as to Philip Alexander's ancestry. Winthrop in his monogram stated there were two Alexander families that migrated to New England, John Alexander of Windsor, Connecticut, and Philip Alexander of Charleston, and Woburn , Massachusetts. At the time, this was the all the information that was readily available. Philip Alexander , at the time could only be suggested to have originated from Scotland, or Ulster, and migrated directly from there. As Philip supposedly just showed up from "nowhere" , I read about 20 years ago, the theory put forward, largely based on circumstantial evidence that the names Alexander and Philip, where somehow related to the Roberts family . Alexander and Philip being names attributed to Massasoit, the Indian Chieftain and his son Philip. This was a way of explaining Philip showing up in Woburn suddenly.. About 10 years ago, I was able to link Philip as a descendent of John Alexander from Hartford, CT and had been born up near Northfield, Massachusetts. Further DNA results that all the early Alexanders in New England are all related through the IM-253 dna marker.. Philip did go to Woburn to marry his wife, but he didn't just show up, as the American Indian theory purports. Perhaps Peter Alexander was a father of a Philip Alexander. The problem , I believe, is that this theory is Attached to my Philip Alexander. In my opinion , this just goes to show , that you can't believe everything that you find on the internet.. I hope that clarifies my earlier comments.

Showing all 26 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion