connected to wrong tree

Started by Jennifer Joy Miners on Thursday, July 8, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 10 posts
Jennifer Joy Miners
7/8/2021 at 4:24 AM

Can you please un link me from any all trees, as I have not put any trees on Geni, I would like to use it but it has me linked to the wrong tree, I am not the daughter of Des bull or his wife Joyce

7/8/2021 at 7:54 PM

Just close your account and open a new one.

Private User
7/8/2021 at 10:35 PM

Jonathan Scott Krengel - if her description of what happened is accurate, there is likely a serious bug in the system. She said https://www.geni.com/discussions/216411?msg=1479935
"I went to log on to Geni, gave my email address and I didn't have a password so geni sent me a code When I entered it, it linked me to some one called Deborah Bull never heard of her and she is NOT in my tree, how do I correct this My Name is Jenny Joy Miners "

Leanne responded with. "I have sent a message to Geni Customer Service - could you please not make any changes to Geni until they fix whatever has happened." (https://www.geni.com/discussions/216411?msg=1479965)

>>

Jennifer Joy Miners --
1) Private has your name. Does it also have your date of birth? Are the names of the parents listed for it the same as your parents?

2) have you heard from Customer Service yet?

Jennifer Joy Miners
7/8/2021 at 10:43 PM

Yes my correct name is Jennifer Joy Miners (Jenny)
2 yes it has my date of birth, No the parents are totally different
3 No

7/8/2021 at 11:20 PM

What likely happened is that someone entered an email address incorrectly for Deborah Bull. That incorrect email address just happened to by Jennifer's. That just makes an accidental claiming of a profile. Closing the account effectively reverts all of this and someone can invite Deborah again with the correct email address.

Jennifer Joy Miners
7/9/2021 at 12:48 AM

So how do I close my account

Private User
7/9/2021 at 7:10 AM

Jonathan -- That did not occur to me. It is a way unlikely occurrence - but it fits. And if it is what happened, then just closing the account should solve the problem.

Jennifer -- to close your Account:
Click on your name in upper right to get a Drop Down Menu
Choose Account Settings
Then look down under "My Account" and choose "Close Account"

Give it a bit for the system to clear. Then just create a New Account / new profile.
(If the other Jennifer profile had been you, then I would have talked to the manager about sending you an invite to that profile. Instead, I will talk to her about having apparently mixed and matched details of two different Jennifers)

7/9/2021 at 9:39 AM

Private I have removed you from incorrect parents. no need to close your account. you can add your correct family now

Private User
7/9/2021 at 1:56 PM

Jason Scott Wills
In https://www.geni.com/discussions/216411?msg=1479964 Jenny mentioned that "..., The reason it comes up with my name is I tried to change it, but it is still linking me to the other tree,"

Can you look at Jennifer's Revision Tab and see what info had been there for
the profile originally, when it had been as the child of Joyce Ivy Bull and her husband -- and maybe recreate a new profile for that person, or what should best be done about that?

Private User
7/11/2021 at 7:23 AM

Jennifer joy Miners, You removed from incorrect parents and you can add your correct family now

Showing all 10 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion