Mary Margaret Helen Muir - Birth Date , Family and Spouse of Mary Muir.

Started by Private User on Sunday, July 11, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

• Private User
    Geni Pro

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 2 posts

There are 3 profiles for Mary Muir with the same birth date.

I'm trying to clarify the following:

1. who each of them are
2. if any are the same
3. who are the parents (if known)
4. who is her correct spouse

Mary Margaret Helen Muir is managed by me and did have a birth date of September 18, 1718. She was merged with Mary Helen Muir and then unmerged, because I don't think the person who was married to William Wallace (her husband) is the daughter of Mungo Muir, Merchant in Kilmarnock Mungo's daughter is currently Mary Helen Muir.

Then we have Mary Wallace who is married to William Wallace of Cairnhill Per Jstor, he was married to Jean Campbell but no mention of Mary Muir, so he might not be the right husband.

Many trees on Ancestry have Mary as the daughter of Robert Muir but he already has a daughter named Mary and she is married to someone else.

Two of the Marys have matching husbands, but the parents don't match.

I think it might be one of those cases where online trees have the same dates, but different parents, so it just depends on what tree you look at. On Ancestry, there are 642 trees grouped together, some have no parents and some have Robert. Then there are 4 trees that have Mungo as her father. There are also many trees that have no parents listed, probably because there doesn't seem to be a clear answer.

Showing all 2 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion