John Bunce, of Hartford - Consistency Check:

Started by Cynthia Curtis, A183502, US7875087 on Tuesday, July 13, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 13 posts
7/13/2021 at 10:05 AM

Consistency Check:Baptism date of John Bunce, of Hartford is before his birth date.Baptism date of Sarah Worthington (Bunce) is after her death date.Jonathan Bunce contains a double space in his name.[fix space]Death date of Sarah Bunce (unknown) is after her burial date.Death date of Thomas Bunce of Hartford is after his burial date.Sarah Mary Bunch (Barnard) is under 14 years old for her marriage.Birth date of Samuel Bunch and his brother John Bunch, II are within 8 months.John Bunce, of Hartford is under 12 years old for the birth of his child Mary Bunch.John Bunce, of Hartford is under 12 years old for the birth of his child John Bunch.John Bunce, of Hartford is under 12 years old for the birth of his child Samuel Bunch.John Bunce, of Hartford is under 12 years old for the birth of his child John Bunch, II.John Bunce, of Hartford is under 12 years old for the birth of his child Mary Bunch.Sarah Mary Bunch (Barnard) is under 12 years old for the birth of her child Mary Bunch.Sarah Mary Bunch (Barnard) is under 12 years old for the birth of her child Mary Bunch.Sarah Olcott (Bunce) born after the death of her mother Sarah Mary Bunch (Barnard).John Bunce, II born after the death of his mother Sarah Mary Bunch (Barnard).Abigail Parsons (Bunce) born after the death of her mother Mary Bunce (Barnard).

7/13/2021 at 11:03 AM

Please add source information to profiles. Thank you.

7/13/2021 at 11:27 AM

Erica Howton this is one that you merged this morning and the profiles are still in need of work. I am not working in the area but saw the merge and looked because of the name.
I thought to leave the consistency check here rather than message managers or the curator
I figure it will take some time to sort them

7/13/2021 at 11:45 AM

You (anyone - everyone) can help by adding source info to the profiles. That is the only way to resolve issues.

7/13/2021 at 12:07 PM

Erica Howton agreed, 100%

7/13/2021 at 12:25 PM

Cynthia and Erica,
Just looking at the wives of John Bunce, there appears to be a bad merge along the way that added the Sarah Mary from Virginia. I think that this is related to the erroneous "John Bunch" connection that has been floating around for a while, just looking at the "Bunch" children included. I'm guessing that this contributed to the baptismal date, etc. that has created some of the inconsistencies. To my knowledge, the only wife of "Sergeant" John Bunce (bc1650) that has legitimate sourcing is Mary "Sarah" (Barnard).
Regards,
Doug Ross

7/13/2021 at 12:37 PM

Thank you, Douglas Allen Ross very helpful.

There had been a legend that the Bunce’s from Connecticut migrated to Virginia and became Bunch. This has been debunked by the “Obama study,” which shows his mother’s descent from the enslaved John Punch. To add confusion there’s at least one other Southern USA Bunch line (“the Blevins line”).

I’ll tag the Obama study, it should be gospel for anyone researching.

7/13/2021 at 12:39 PM
  • “Documenting President Barack Obama’s Maternal African American Ancestry” Anastasia Harman, Ancestry.com Lead Family Historian, Natalie D. Cottrill, MA, Paul C. Reed, FASG, and Joseph Shumway, AG. With the comment: Documents the life of John Punch and many of his descendants including John Bunch I, John Bunch II, John Bunch III. July 15, 2012. Ancestry.com PDF
7/13/2021 at 12:40 PM
7/13/2021 at 2:04 PM

John Bunce Family
Families of Early Hartford, Connecticut by Lucius Barnes Barbour, Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc., Baltimore, MD, 1977, page 109

rnlemoine
rnlemoine originally shared this on 06 Nov 2009

7/13/2021 at 2:19 PM

Yes, that’s been in his profiles for years. I uploaded the page

[https://books.google.com/books?id=WJ_XiLoXvLkC&lpg=PA616&dq=Thomas%... page 109] of Families of Early Hartford, Connecticut By Lucius Barnes Barbour

But Doug Ross correctly identified the main issue, the merge (by me) of a fouled up Mary Sarah Barnard dragging Bunch children. Undoing that merge solved it.

Except for the extra Bunce siblings to re home. (It never ends.)

7/13/2021 at 3:59 PM

The Paul Bunches are hellacious. A different discussion with questions on them please.

The Bunces of Connecticut are cleaned up.

Showing all 13 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion