John Price, III, of Essex Co, Va. - Middle name

Started by Private User on Tuesday, July 13, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 2 posts
Private User
7/13/2021 at 1:36 PM

Can anyone tell why a middle name is attached and the source thereof? Also according to the Parish records of Christ Church, John Price born 1672 was the son of Robert and Jane Price. Therefore, he would not be the John Price, the third.

7/13/2021 at 11:13 PM

Copying over Darlene’s email so we can follow up and document as the corrections get made.

—-

I am finding many errors in submissions and am working to notify submitters. I have added sources via about. However, I do not believe I can remove relationships as I did not originally submit the information.

The profiles I refer to are the following: Notes in body concerning misinformation.
John Price MP
Birth: March 11, 1740
Middletown, Frederick County, Province of Virginia *wrong birthplace See The Parish Register of Christ Church, Middlesex County, Va., from 1653 to 1812 page 150
Death: August 22, 1781 (41) * Incorrect date of death Court record shows death about 1817 Virginia Memory Cumberland County 1817-005
Immediate Family:
Son of John V Price, Jr., of Essex County and Ann Price *Father not IV, grandfather was Robert Price
Husband of Unity Lucy Claiborne and Mary Price * Incorrect spouses, Cumberland County Court records show wife was Anna DeJarnette https://www.lva.virginia.gov/chancery/

Father of Daniel Price; Mary Price Watson and James L. Price *These are the wrong children. His children were identified in an 1817 court record as John Price, William Price, Warner W. Price, Polly Price DeJarnette, Betsey Price Williams and Sophia Price. Mary Price Watson is the daughter of his brother Richard Price and wife Mary DeJarnette More at WikiTree Price-19307

Mary Price (Dejarenette) MP surname DeJarnette
Birth: August 08, 1738
Spring Grove, Caroline County, Virginia
Death: January 11, 1840 (101)
Prince Edward County, Virginia, United States
Immediate Family:
Daughter of Joseph Dejarnette and Mary Dejarnette
Wife of John Price; Archibald Wright and Joseph Richardson Joseph Richardson was not a spouse.
Mother of Mary Price Watson; James L. Price; Archibald D. Wright and Sarah Moore *James L. Price was not a son Not included in family record submitted circa 1840 pension claim of Sarah Wright Moore based on service of father Archibald Wright

Thus deletion needed for Birth place of John Price, Mary and Unity as spouses of John Price,Death date for John Price, Daniel, Mary Watson and James L. Price as children of John Price. Joseph Richardson as spouse of Mary. James L. Price as child of Mary Price.

I thank you for any assistance you can provide in this matter. Sincerely, Darlene

Showing all 2 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion