Balaji K - Balaji K connections

Started by Christopher Lawrence on Tuesday, July 13, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

7/13/2021 at 6:20 PM

Hi

I hail from Sri Lanka and am presently residing in New Zealand. I am interested in Genealogy.

My mother's brother has written two books about his family, one about his father's family and his mother's family. These two books are a continuation of a book one of my cousins in New Delhi has written of her family which itself is based on a book written many years ago by her uncle.

I noticed that Geni had a record for M G Ramachandran and it appears that my aunt Saints Navamani is connected to MGR's father's first wife (not a blood relation).

It also appears that I am likewise connection to K Balaji through the same aunt. It is her husband Rupert Navamani (my mother's younger brother, who studied at MCC (Madras Christian College( who has written two books.

The same is connected to both MGR and K Balaji. I know that K Balaji's daughter is married to the Malayalam Super Star Mohanlal.
K Balaji's elder sister is Tamil Actor Y Gee Mahendran's mother.
Y Gee Mahendran's cousins are Latha Rajanikanth wife of Tamil Super Star Rajanikanth.
Y Gee Mahendran's other cousin is yester year actress and dancer Vyjayanthmala.
Y Gee Mahendran's daughter is married to the son of late actors Gemini Ganeshan and Savithri.

The late Tamil Nadu chief minister Jayalalitha Jayaram was an Iyengar. Her adopted son is married to the Late actor Sivaji Ganeshan.

MGR's third wife Janaki was the daughter of the elder brother of Papanasam Sivan who wrote the songs and did the music of the first Super Star of Tamil Movies M K Thyagaraja Bhagavathar and the other major star P U Chinnappa. Papanasam Sivan was an Iyer if I am not mistaken.

So there seem to be many Iyer and Iyengar connections here.

I am interested in these connections and hope some who knows would enter these connections in Geni. I am not trying to claim connections to many actors and stars, but nevertheless, these are interesting anecdotes.

Regards
Chris Lawrence

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion