Rachel Collins (Bunch) - Children

Started by Cynthia Curtis, A183502, US7875087 on Wednesday, July 14, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 3 posts
7/14/2021 at 12:48 PM

Mother of David Collins, Henry Collins, Joab Collins, Joseph Collins, Ann Collins, Elizabeth Collins, Jesse Collins and Josiah Collins
per Wikitree at https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Bunch-513 which is co-managed by the US Black Heritage Project and is supposed to be part of clean up beginning late last year.

7/14/2021 at 12:50 PM

Here is a cut/paste of her Bio and her father's Will that is on her profile today 14 July 2021:

Biography
Rachel Bunch was born about 1733, the daughter of Henry Bunch. She belonged to a family identified as 'mulatto' or free person of color[1]. They are believed to possibly have been Melungeon[2].

She was mentioned in her father Henry's will: Bertie County Wills 975.6163 P2a Vol.1 - Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah

HENRY BUNCH (PP34, 35, 36, 37) In the name of God Amen I HENRY BUNCH of Bertie County in the province of No Carolina being weak in body but of sound memory and judgment and knowing it is appointed for all men to Die do make and ordain this my Last Will and Testament, first I recommend my soul to God who gave it and my body to be Buried at the discretion of my Exectors and as touching such worldly Estate wherewith it hath pleased God to Bless me with I give demise, and dispose of it in the following manner

Viz

I give unto my son JEREMIAH BUNCH one Shilling Sterling to be Levied out of my estate for his part.

I give unto my daughter TOMERSON BASS on Shilling Sterling to be levied out of my estate for her part

I give unto my daughter SUSANAH SUMMERLIN Wife to LAZARUS SUMMERLIN one Shilling Sterling to be levied out of my Estate for her part

I give unto my daughter RACHEL COLLINS wife of JOSEPH COLLINS One Shilling Sterling to be Levied out of my Estate for her part

I give unto my daughter NANY BASS wife of ISAAC BASS One Shilling Sterling to be Levied out of my Estate for her part

I give and bequeath to Ann CRUMIE (now living with me) one negro boy named MOSES, one feather with English tick, and all the furniture thereto belonging, one sow and pigs, two cows and calves such as she shall choose out of my stocke , one mare called Dumption, with my saddle and bridle, four barrels of cotton, five barrels of Indian corn, two hundred weight of bacon Ten pounds of Hogs fatt, one pewter dish & four plates (I mean a small dish) one half of the turkies and other poultry on the plantation to her Heirs and assigns

I give and bequeath to my son EMBREY BUNCH one negro man named CEASAR, one featherbed and furniture, Two cows and calves six head of Hogs & six chairs to him and his assigns forever

I give and bequeath to my Grandson ZADOCK BUNCH son of EMBREY BUNCH one negro wench named CLOE and one negro girl named NANCY with their increase unto him and his heirs forever

I give and bequeath to my Grandson CADER BASS son of ISAACK BASS all my land and plantation whereon I now live Bounded as follows Viz Beginning at a Cypres in Cashy Swamp on JOSEPH COLLINES Line and then running up the Swamp including the Horse Island to a pine in muddy Branch a Corner Tree, then along a Line of marked trees by SUMMERLINs Tar Killion To the back Line, then along a Line to a corner Tree up the round Pocosen, then down a line to the first station To him his heirs and assigns forever, I also give to my said Grandson CADER BAS one Negro man named TITUS, one horse Called Ball one Young Bay mare called Phenix, all the remaining part of my Stock of cattle Hogs and sheep with all my household and kitchen furniture all my plantation utenscils and everything I may die possessed of ( not before by me willed and bequeathed) of whatever nature or kind it may be, in either money or other Estate whatsoever unto him his heirs and assigns forever.

It is further my will and desire that all legacies by me given in this will be paid by my Executors on demand

Lastly I Constitute and appoint PETER CLIFTON Sole Executor to this my last Will and Testament. In witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand and seral this 21 April Anno 1775 Signed Sealed and published & declared by the said HENRY BUNCH to be his last will and testament in the presence of us JOS COLLINS, JOSIAH COLLINS,DAVID COLLINS HENRY (his mark) BUNCH (seal)

Sources
↑ Entry for Henry Bunch
↑ GILSTRAP-ANDERSON Genealogy
Bibliography
Entry for Henry Bunch
GILSTRAP-ANDERSON Genealogy

7/14/2021 at 12:52 PM

There are a handful of folks who did DNA including a fifth great grandchild named Collins on the right side of the profile. This is one of my favorite features at Wikitree.

Showing all 3 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion