John William (Jack) Lee - John William Lee

Started by Joan Allison on Thursday, July 15, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

7/15/2021 at 7:46 PM

Further to conflict with John William Lee, as a family it took us many years and much searching to resolve the history.

Stanley Albert Lee was my Father-in-Law, I was married to his son Peter George Alfred Lee. All of Stan's immediate family have now passed on except for myself. Before my sister-in-law's death she and a nephew produced a book with the Family History of the Family this was produced after much research which led the family from highs and lows. The early findings were found out to be incorrect, this in turn took time to resolve but resolved it was.

Briefly and I am quoting from the book:

In the History of Ngai Tahu by Peter Girvan (Vol.3 P36) It states that Matehaere was first married to Te Haua, and then to Te Waewae who gave birth to Te Kaeke who married Te Kirikaitoi and their child Whero married Urekehu.
Their daughter Moitoitoi (our great grandmother is #1212 on the 1848 Kaumatua document) married William Dallas (#1297)
Their daughter Jane (#1278) married an Englishman John William Lee and they had a son - Francis Mathew Lee.
Their other daughter Margaret (#1196) also married an Englishman Henry Hirst and they had a daughter Elizabeth.
Francis Mathew Lee married Elizabeth Hirst (they were first cousins) and they had 3 sons- Aubry Douglas, Reginald Francis and Stanley Albert. (My Father-in- Law
My hope is that John William Lee's parentage, wives and family can be corrected

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion