John Taylor - Is this correct?

Started by Keri Denise Jackson, ♊ Twin "A", GEDMATCH GQ346442C1 on Saturday, July 17, 2021
Showing all 22 posts

John Taylor married when he was only 14 years old.
Tip: Correct the birth (born August 10, 1607) or marriage date or marriage status of the profile (John Taylor).

7/17/2021 at 9:02 AM

It may be correct marriage date, higher class during Tudor Times arranged marriages, sometimes as soon as a child was born. "Arranged Marriages" were for financial benefits, not love.

7/17/2021 at 9:04 AM

Social and economic considerations

Higher classes
The financial and political facets of marriage pertained were the key considerations in choosing a spouse for higher classes. It was a customary practice for noble families to sign contracts that betrothed their children in advance.[This ensures a suitable match, which allowed for strategic advancements in society. However, these negotiations for marriage were not done in isolation. It was a matter of wider concern that involved the collective decisions of the family, kin, and community. This was due to the concept of lineage and preservation of status,

7/17/2021 at 9:06 AM

That Geni.com has decided he was too young, the software is a useful tool for modern times, but not back in history.

7/17/2021 at 10:15 AM

He has too many parents and too many wives.
Someone merged and left a mess from the quick view of it

Suzan Martin I just wanted to be and if it is correct then select ignore for all so it does not pop up. Maybe make a note in the "About" section as well.

7/17/2021 at 7:10 PM

Keri Denise Jackson, ♊ Twin "A", GEDMATCH GQ346442C1 I realize what you want and understand. I don't like the warnings until it's resolved.

It will take time to look over the documentation if none for the marriage, then it takes time to locate documents. Why we all need to work to document our ancestors.

7/17/2021 at 7:12 PM

I was only making a point about marriages in the past, we can't assume they were too young, is all.

I guess I can work on this one unless someone else wants to.

7/17/2021 at 7:13 PM

Cynthia is correct about the mess.

Thank you Suzan Martin . I personally appreciate any knowledge someone offers me. You are very knowledgeable and helpful. Thank you very much. :)

7/17/2021 at 7:27 PM

I found documentation, will upload

7/17/2021 at 7:30 PM

It will take time to update all profiles around. First I want to upload then have Erica look over, to be sure the info ok. It shows all the generations of Taylor's

Ok thank you.

7/17/2021 at 8:15 PM

Uploaded, https://www.geni.com/documents/view?doc_id=6000000177119446977

https://www.ancestry.com/imageviewer/collections/61157/images/46155...

North America, Family Histories, 1500-2000
Ancestors of Francis Taylor

James Taylor - Generation 6

Hope this is an ok reference?

7/17/2021 at 8:17 PM

Probably can find his original baptism record if needed.

7/17/2021 at 8:18 PM

Now just need Erica to review.

Suzan Martin

I think it is awesome. Thank you. .

7/17/2021 at 9:16 PM

Tops at Gen 7. Rowland Taylor is disproved:

The lineage of John Taylor was investigated by a professional genealogist, Nathaniel Lane Taylor, PhD, who found that a link to Rev. Rowland Taylor and two sons named Richard to be baseless. Two of his articles published in "The American Genealogist" magazine include:

• "The False and Possibly True English Origins of Richard Taylor [7]
  • "An American Taylor Family: Descendants of Richard Taylor (d. 1679) [5]

—-

I thought this was all locked!!!!

7/17/2021 at 11:24 PM

Be careful - too many kids in this study. Don’t add.

But it was a huge help in cleaning up the tree.

And that's why shes awesome. Thank you Erica Howton.

Showing all 22 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion