Benjamin Hancock - Update

Started by Debra Young Kolemba Maggart on Tuesday, July 20, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

7/20/2021 at 6:35 AM

I have hired a professional genealogist to research beyond John D. Hancock, father of my DAR Patriot Benjamin Hancock. She has hit a dead end.
It appears we cannot prove John D. Hancock’s parents that for many years relatives before us lead us to the William Hancock of Jamestowne. This William is not found in the Green books - The Adventures of Purse and Persons volumes that are used professionally by legacy groups like the Jamestowne Society and the Colonial Dames.

I have John D. Hancock as a DAR supplemental Patriot as well. I have a copy of his indenture document where he deeded land to son Benjamin and signed by Benjamin. My late uncle knew where Benjamin was buried outside of Lebanon Tn, but I cannot find it - it is not far from the Cemetary my great Grandmother Etna Hancock Young is buried in Watertown TN about 45 minutes from my home.

I hope we could finally figure out and PROVE John D. Hancock’s ancestors.

My ex husband Brett Maggart directly Descends from his son Charles Hancock thus making us cousins!

I am always looking for clues. But I’m afraid our tree beyond John D. Hancock is unprovable. So many people where named John, William and Benjamin.

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion