John Patrick Feely - Feely

Started by Shauna Feely on Sunday, July 25, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 5 posts
7/25/2021 at 10:55 AM

Hi Annette- was glad to see FEELY connections on your tree, tho I haven’t figured it all out yet.
Some questions: you put John Patrick FEELY as being born inSligo. What is your source for that info?
Also, what is your source for his wife’s last name, Conan?
Thnx, Shauna Feely

7/26/2021 at 1:23 AM

Hi Shauna I have found Sligo recorded on a number of family trees on line - it may not be correct. John Patrick Feely's wife is Mary Gibbons, I have his mother as Mary Coban.

Our family tree is quite large and it just touches the Feely family as Bertha Lucile Feely (Nold) is Robert Crook my fourth cousin once removed's step daughter. She married George Louis Feely. This is why I don't have much detail.

regards
Annette

7/29/2021 at 9:14 PM

Got it. Those Feely’s were born in Mayo, not Sligo. His mother was MAry Conboy, ad her spouse was SimonFeely. Lived in parish of Aghamore. But boundaries change so not sure if it was Aghamore then, or Islandeady maybe. In any event these places are all very close to each other.
John Patrick emigrated to Denver, CO. Mary Gibbons, born 1864-ish from Islandeady, Mayo (now in Aghagower, not Islandeady) emigrated separately to Denver. They married there and their kids included Simon, Michael James(my grandfather), Thomas, John Patrick, William, J. Edward, and last of 7 boys was George Louis FEELY, born in 1900. Also a daughter Mary Ellen 1902-1910 or 1912.
George married Bertha “Lucille” Nold.
Their son Richard is still alive. I get in touch with him via email or fb, but always Cc his daughter Shannon Feely, she calls him on the phone then one of them reply to me.
You can reach me at shauna575 AT gmail.com, if you’d like.

7/30/2021 at 3:05 AM

Thanks Shauna for the offer of contact but this is a little distant on my tree. I went back and reviewed the records I had and have fixed some details. I will change the county to Mayo from Sligo for accuracy. I'm always happy to fix what's wrong. regards Annette

8/1/2021 at 5:45 AM

Regards to you, also, Annette.
Shauna

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion