Rep. Elias Perkins - Elias Perkins and New London CT.

Started by Private User on Tuesday, July 27, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

• Private User
    Geni member

Profiles Mentioned:

Private User
7/27/2021 at 9:24 AM

Realized today he's my 10th cousin 6 x's removed. Also Lydia Perkins Bennett is my Grandmothet.
Watching the series Turned, and finding out, many people on the show are related. In searching, decided to research more about the fire of New London CT.
My extended family, that lived on Hempstead Rd. New London CT. told me of the great fire, and of the buildings that survived. I was in one of the homes. I've walked through these buildings, and no one ever mentioned I was a relative of many there. To my surprise today, I found out about Elias. Amazing, what are the chances, of being right there. Many extended famiky was born right there in New London and Norwich CT. many major Revolutionary Battles happened all over the area. One of my childten was born in Norwich, now finding out a great battle happened on the hill where the Hospital wad built. When we lived there, we watched the Nautilus return to Port, pulled by tuggers to rest there. We were sitting on the lawns, if the Thames watching her and the U.S.S. Constitution, which was under it's own power, going by in honor of itself and the Nautilus. Amazing! Little did I know, my own history was sitting within a few streets from where we sat. So happy, even though, I find out today, we were still able to walk through and see the past history of New London and Norwich, but honored in seeing the U.S.S. Constitution and Nautilus, returning!

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion