George Sandeman - sandeman / curtis raymond terrace

Started by Private User on Thursday, September 2, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

• Private User
    Geni member

Profiles Mentioned:

maybe you can help me, i have been interested in my genealogy for many years , in the family bible it states that james hayler married sarah jane curtis inraymond terrace and had 2 children with her , these are recorded asannie may b6-10-1894 and ivy mildred b 17-6-1893, both girlsere registered in stockton where i believe james worked as a butcher ivy died on 13-9-1896 aged 3 yrs 3 months and burried at stockton, this is what the bibe records,
since then in my research i have found no evidence of sarah and james being married, but found records at bdm that james infact married catherine sandeman in 1893 at waratah, and that catherine had died 29-1-1899 aged 29 years and 2 months, therefore born circa 1869-70?
in 1901 james is listed as being a bitcher and living in maitland street stockton,he has his daughter annie may with him . he remarries on 13-4-1901 to mary jane murphy .
can you shed any light on the curtis/sandeman puzzle?
catherine sandeman is not mentioned at all in the family bible,but sarah curtis has n mention in official documentation,
is this in any way relevant to your sandeman family.
i live in newcastle .this has been a real mystery to me for many years, my grandmother was one of 2 children from james marriage in 1901. my email is shirley_poublon@hotmail.com

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion