Michael Benjamin - The Benjamin Family

Started by KEIRA on Friday, September 10, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 6 posts
9/10/2021 at 2:17 PM

Michael Benjamin, Menachem Menke ben Simcha, was my ancestor and proven children are Benjamin, Lyon, Elizabeth (Myers) Henry, Aaron and Abraham.
He was definitely not the father of Mark Benjamin who was the son of Solomon Benjamin, Zalman ben Mordecai Amsterdam - 1764-1843 - and Judith Jonas, Yetta bat Jonah, who married at the Great Synagogue in London 3 April 1796.
This family is very confusing and after 20 years have still not solved all the questions and confirmed the full name of "Simcha"

9/11/2021 at 5:32 AM

Hi Keira this is Jackie Dias-Jayasinha Son, Jackie Dias-Jayasinha is my Mother and I have been doing the family tree for the past 2 Years on Ancestry mainly. You are talking about Michael Benjamin who is my 5th Great Grandfather who married Elizabeth Isabella Benjamin (Nee Naphtall). His children were:

Tsadok Benjamin
Benjamin Benjamin
Lyon Benjamin (my 4th Great Grandfather)
Elizabeth Benjamin (Myers)
Mark Benjamin
Henry Benjamin
Samuel Benjamin
Aaron Benjamin
Abraham Benjamin

Can you please tell me who your 3rd Great Grandparents where? I would love to connect with a cousin. We can help out each other with other names we might not know for the tree

If you would like to private message me please do search my name up on Geni, as Aaron Ramal Benjamin Dias-Jayasinha or email me on adj1989007@gmail.com

Many Thanks

Aaron Dias-Jayasinha

Private User
9/16/2021 at 10:04 AM

Hi,
My great gandmother was Elizabeth Diana Lawrance (Benjamin)
My great great grandfather is Lyon Benjamin and my great great grandmother - Mary Anne Benjamin
Elizabeth Diana Benjamin m Joseph Lawrance
'On Geni
*Elizabeth Hannah Lawrance (Benjamin)
Birth: 12 May 1822
Death: 25 February 1853 (30)
Immediate Family:
Daughter of Lyon Benjamin and Mary Anne Benjamin
Wife of Joseph Lawrance
Mother of Louis John Lawrance; Kate Lawrance; Elizabeth Diana Frank (Lawrance); Esther Moses; Mary Ann Frank and 1 others
Sister of Michael Benjamin; Julia Benjamin; Ann Benjamin; Rachel Benjamin; Kate Marcus; Abraham Lewis Louie Benjamin and Henry Benjamin « less *

Daughter: Elizabeth Diana Frank (Lawrance)'
(married Leonard Frank)

My grandmother - their daughter Rosie Diana Frank married William JCR Miller
My mother Naomi Miller m Cyril Slabber

Me Marilyn Diane Lilley( Slabber)

Looking forward to finding out any relationships,
Regards
Marilyn Lilley

9/17/2021 at 3:12 AM

Hi Marilyn, Your great great grandfather Lyon Benjamin was the brother of my 3 x great grandfather Henry Benjamin so we are cousins. Lyon and Henry's father was Michael Benjamin Menachem Menke ben Simcha. A group of us are trying to prove who 'Simcha' was as there are three options - a Mordecai, a Lyon and an Abraham. Happy to email you any information I may have. Regards Keira in Australia.

Private User
9/26/2021 at 2:20 AM

Hi Kiera!
Really great to find a relative in the Benjamin line of my family!
I would like to know more and keep updated, thank you.
Regards
Marilyn, South Africa

9/27/2021 at 1:23 AM

Marilyn - email me at keira.lockyer1@bigpond.com

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion