Started by Private on Tuesday, September 14, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 19 posts
Private
9/14/2021 at 7:42 PM

Mary Robbins is under 12 years old for the birth of her child Anne (Robins) Isaacs.

9/14/2021 at 7:51 PM

Wikitree lists Gabriell as Anne's father, but no mother's name is listed. May be better as "Unknown partner of Gabriell Isaacs" instead of Mary.

Private
9/14/2021 at 9:02 PM

Some one has a private tree in the mix too.

9/15/2021 at 8:29 AM

I would think that needs to be isolated. Sounds like we need a curator on that. Do we know where it starts?

9/15/2021 at 8:42 AM

Private, I went into the Revisions, but I don't know enough about how to recognize a private tree to be able to tell where it started.

Private
9/15/2021 at 8:46 AM

Looks like it is resolved.

She only became daughter of Mary Robbins with this merge:
https://www.geni.com/merge/view?revision_id=79412467750 otherwise she has always been daughter of Gabriel Robins with a birth year of abut 1710. She married into my Isaacs cousins line. My grandma Ossie and Juanita Isaacs were best friends.

It resolved because the birth year was moved from 1710 to 1716.
Need sources, I think.
Any proof of the Lawrence mother?

Smart matches for Gabriel show wife as a Mary Robbins (born Lovesey) born 1692

Private
9/15/2021 at 9:10 AM

The 6 year difference did not fix the issue. The issue is that the Mary Robbins and the Mary Robins are 2 different people. One of them is awaiting a disconnection.

Private
9/15/2021 at 9:11 AM

Not thinking that particular Gabriel is the one that is in this tree, which once the 2 lines get disconnected, it can built back correctly.

9/15/2021 at 9:12 AM

Would be good if there were some primary sources. The birth and death locations for Gabriel don't fit somehow on the Smart Matches, I think. I have gotten to where I look at Smart Matches, unless census data or some documents, as things that can and do change with some whim or bad info. From time to time they are good, but sometimes they just need to be rejected as they propagate bad info.

FamilySearch Family Tree says

Birth: June 28 1710 - Wootton Bassett, Wiltshire, England
Death: 1778 - Winchester, Frederick County, Virginia, British Colony
Parents: Gabriel Robbins, Elizabeth Robbins (born Jacobs)

Private
9/15/2021 at 9:28 AM

Seems that you would build that into this profile,....Mary Robbins

Private
9/15/2021 at 9:30 AM

And then if Gabriel is really from England and a Robbins instead of a Robins, that would be the next think to disconnect.

Private
9/15/2021 at 9:47 AM

The 1706 birthdate is revised but still the mother is too young, 1701 is the parent's birthdate as it stands now.

Private I am working elsewhere in the Big Tree today but am a manager of Anne's profile so I wanted to weigh in. Also, in editing the profiles/ adding a Smart match here and there, I got a duplicate alert and merged some profiles I had adopted a while back. Love when that happens.

The area of THIS particular tree I am most comfortable with is of course Isaacs.

If I can be of assistance there, please let me know in this Discussion or from a particular profile.

And now I am still merging for Isaacs but should be done shortly.
Just remember there are many same or similar named folks.

Showing all 19 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion