Spreading the word

Started by Randy Schoenberg on Monday, September 20, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Showing all 9 posts
9/20/2021 at 7:48 AM

I am curious to hear how people discovered the ANU museum’s Geni-based app and how we can spread the word about it?

9/20/2021 at 7:51 AM

Are you talking about the feature you mentioned during IAJGS? If so, that's when I heard about it.

If you're talking about a phone-based app, this is the first I've heard about it.

9/20/2021 at 7:54 AM

I heard about it from a post you made to the Facebook group.

9/20/2021 at 8:10 AM

I, too, learned about it through your Facebook post.

Since you asked about it, I have a question for you: Every single one of my connections on the app is through a great aunt by marriage who died before I was born. Is that because her family must have a much more extensive tree on Geni? I was hoping to find connections through blood relatives, but that great aunt by marriage always wins.

Thanks!

9/20/2021 at 8:14 AM

I saw it the the Public main thread on Geni. I shared it to a small Private group and most joined.

9/20/2021 at 5:14 PM

Thanks everyone. Rita Rubin, it just looks for the shortest path, so you need to make more connections in your tree. Try adding all of the cousins, in-laws, etc and see if you can merge with another branch that way.

9/20/2021 at 9:41 PM

Thanks, Randy! I was beginning o get a complex. ;)

9/20/2021 at 11:25 PM

I heard about it from your posts on https://www.facebook.com/groups/JewishGenealogyPortal.

If you want to get a different demographic of users, try tiktok and instagram.

9/21/2021 at 9:58 PM

I also learned from you in the JGP Facebook group.

To spread the word, you need to target Anu visitors who use Geni. Something should be on the homepage of their website. I saw nithing there. And there should be signage onsite if there is nit.

Geni ought to promote it too somehow to users, Jewish users, Jewish groups/projects. Not sure how but they ought to figure it out. Also, perhaps you can work with them to have something about the app on the profile bio pages of the famous people in the museum.

Showing all 9 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion