Thomas Waters - Consistency Check:

Started by Cynthia Curtis, A183502, US7875087, Tree builder on Tuesday, September 21, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

• https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Carolina#/media/File:Flag_of_South_Carolina.svg
    Geni member
Showing all 4 posts

Consistency Check:The age of Catherine 'Katie' Waters exceeds 105 years.Philemon Waters, Jr. is under 12 years old for the birth of his child Catherine 'Katie' Waters.Sarah Huguenot Waters (Bordroyne), II is under 12 years old for the birth of her child Catherine 'Katie' Waters.Sarah Huguenot Waters (Bordroyne), II is over 55 years old for the birth of her child Rhoda Ann Farrow (Waters).Ellen Walters (Schoppert) is over 55 years old for the birth of her child Elijah Walters.

Private User
9/22/2021 at 6:36 AM

This is a VERY difficult family to sort out, partly because information concerning them has become garbled over the centuries, and partly because they are forever being mash-merged into the Lt. Edward Waters line, *where they probably do not belong*.

Catherine 'Katie' Waters has no documented birth date.

Sarah Waters (Bordroyne) has no middle name.

There was a misplaced copy of Philemon Waters Jr in the tree, probably based on the "family lore" that his father's name was "Thomas" (but apparently that was his *grandfather*).

Aboutedit | history
One of at least four(!) Thomas Waters/Walters profiles who were active at about the same time, and are frequently confused and their families jumbled up. This one belongs to the Philemon Waters line, and may have been a South Carolina partisan (Patriot) during the Revolution.

May have been married twice; wife of record in 1799 was named Mary.

Thank you, Private User

I think it would be helpful if the "at least" 3 other Thomas Waters were referenced on the profile.

I came to the profile by accident and have no idea who he is but wanted to make notice of the issues so that perhaps someone can address them. I have direct Waters and direct Farrow but this shows as an in-law relationship with my direct Bobo's brother marrying a Farrow whose mother was a Waters :)

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion