Started by Erica Howton on Monday, October 11, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 8 posts
10/11/2021 at 12:17 AM

https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Charbonneau-8 Notes:

The parents listed for this individual are speculative and may not be based on sound genealogical research. Sources to prove or disprove this ancestry are needed. Please contact the Profile Manager or leave information on the bulletin board.

Disconnected as child of Estavan Charbonneau & Jeanne Ozanne Dulonge

10/11/2021 at 2:04 AM

Jeanne Ozanne Dulonge Was probably not The Three Musketeers sister. Disconnected from the family of Charles d'Artagnan - that tree could use some TLC. En guarde!

10/11/2021 at 3:20 AM

Further:

https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Charbonneau-8

Jeanne "d'Artagnan" is presented as daughter of Bertrand de Batz de Castelmore (dit d'Artagnan). This Jeanne de Batz de Castelmore was born after 1608 (parent's marriage), too late to be the mother of Olivier (born c. 1615). And she married, not Estavan Charbonneau, but Jean-Antoine d'Orfeuille. *Revue du Béarn, 1883 (and the 3-4 next pages)

10/11/2021 at 9:51 AM

Thank you for addressing the parents on Olivier Charbonneau. I looked for historic documents for Olivier and found only his burial records. He has two acts registered for his burial; one in Pointe-aux-Trembles where he is buried and one in Rivière-des-Prairies - St Joseph Parish. Unfortunately, there is no mention of parents in either act.

10/11/2021 at 9:54 AM

Also Olivier is stated as being 80 years old at the time of death (1687) on the Pointe-aux-Trembles act, so I adjusted the birth date to c.1607 which is 80 years prior to his death.

10/11/2021 at 10:24 AM

Joel Scott Cognevich - thank you so much for looking into this, much appreciated.

Private User
10/11/2021 at 12:38 PM

One needs to be especially careful when working with and near heavily fictionalized profiles like M. de Batz-Castelmore d'Artagnan. Everybody's going to think of the Dumas pere character, and that can get things really bollixed up.

10/11/2021 at 9:46 PM

I found my rapier as soon as I saw “d’Artagnan.” Wondered what his sister was doing in New France, because that sure wasn’t in the movie.

Showing all 8 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion