Johanna Christina Peyper (van de Caap), SM/PROG - Johanna Christina Peyper (van de Caap)

Started by Herman Booysen on Friday, November 5, 2021
Showing all 3 posts
11/5/2021 at 10:35 AM

Ken engiemand dalk Johanna Christina Peyper, SM/PROG se herkoms? Sy was getroud met Johann Christoph Pyper, SV/PROG die stamvader van die Pijper / Pyper / Peijper / Peyper-familie in Suid-Afrika. Haar geboortevan was Van de Caap, wat suggereer dat sy in slawerny gebore was in die Kaap (onbevestig). Wat wel bekend is (volgens familie-oorlewering), is dat sy deur die VOC-Kommandeur (op daardie stadium Baron Joachim van Plettenberg) aan Jan Pyper geskenk was as dié se vrou. Johanna Christina se 2de naam is moontlik (?) bygevoeg (en sy was moontlik daarná bekend by hierdie naam) nadat sy in die Christelike geloof gedoop was.

1/8/2022 at 8:21 AM

I'd also be interested to learn more about her. There is a baptism dated 13 Nov 1740 for her here: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HY-DZN4-W16?i=75&...

1/8/2022 at 9:21 AM

Gillian Donna Richardson , thank you for your response here. However, the baptism date of the equally-named person does not align with other event dates on this profile. Remember that the surname Van de Caap was routinely allocated to 2nd generation slave-children at the Cape, so a coincidence of surname should not be surprising. But I am grateful for your interest and hope that we can somehow find the missing link.

Showing all 3 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion