Sarah Nix (Winters) - Sarah Nix wife of John Nix - not Sarah Winters, daughter of Moses Winters - should be Sarah Randel, daughter of Joseph Randel

Started by David Curtis Roberds on Friday, November 5, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

11/5/2021 at 10:37 AM

I am descended from Ann RANDEL b. 9 Oct 1773, daughter of Joseph RANDEL b. 18 JUN 1742 and I have many dna connections to children of John NIX b. 20 May 1762 and he had to have married Joseph RANDEL's daughter, Sarah RANDEL b. 20 DEC 1763 - birth recorded at Bush River MM, Union County, SC.

Sarah Winters, dau of Moses Winters was in Cumberland County, Tennessee in 1780 - Moses Winters has no connection in SC.

"Historical Sketches of the Winters family, pioneer settlers of Middle Tennessee" , Ralph L. Winters: Moses Winters and his family moved in 1775 from Wyette County, VA to Carters Valley in upper East Tennessee"

cemetery marker in Tennessee for Moses Winters has his children listed: "Elizabeth B. 1763 married NICKS" and "Sarah B. 1765 married NICKS" - there is no record who these NICKS were in Tennessee. Moses will probated 9 Jul 1798 Robertson County, Tennessee names his daughters, Elizabeth Nicks and Sarah Nicks.

PROPERTY: 10 Apr 1802 Franklin County, Georgia - "Deed to Joseph Randel - 145 acres from John Nix"

Joseph RANDEL's daughter Hannah RANDEL b. 12 Feb 1775 birth recorded at Bush River MM, Union County, SC. married 2 Jun 1790 Cane Creek Monthly Meeting, Union County, South Carolina to Thomas ROBERDS. and she died abt 1801 and Thomas ROBERDS married 2nd to Anna NIX, daughter of John NIX and Sarah (RANDEL) NIX - Hannah RANDEL was younger sister of Sarah RANDEL who married John NIX - so when Thomas ROBERDS wife died, he married her cousin, Anna NIX.

I have a 5th cousin 2x removed DNA match with James Nix - 13 cM across 2 segments. He is descendant of John NIX's son William NIX b. 1788 and had daughter, Mary Polly NIX married Archibald COLLINS, son Ivan Carr COLLINS, his daughter, Elizabeth Caroline COLLINS married Virgil Jep COLLINS, son was James Ivan NIX, son Irvin James NIX, son was James Irvin NIX who is my 5th cousin 2x removed dna match.

I am 100 percent sure that the wife of John NIX was Sarah RANDEL, daughter of Joseph RANDEL. (born FITZ RANDOLPH)

David Roberds

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion