Shlomo Pazernov - ??Son Itzak and his descendant line??

Started by Private User on Wednesday, November 17, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 21 posts
Private User
11/17/2021 at 3:26 PM

Does this line really belong here??

2. Itzak Finn
....└ +Unknown
........3. Yeshayahu Finn b. circa 1826; d. circa 1908
.............└ +Unknown
..................4. Iosel Finn b. circa 1839; d. circa 1910
.......................└ +Unknown
............................5. Arlene Finn b. circa 1920; d. circa 2012

Private User
11/17/2021 at 4:14 PM

Given the dates and the names -- Arlene Finn b. circa 1920; d. circa 2012
Arlene Theresa Schneider from the bottom of this line
is probably a duplicate of Arlene (Finn) Schneider b. June 26, 1920, Everett, Middlesex, Massachusetts, USA; d. September 15, 2012, Canton, Norfolk, Massachusetts, USA
Arlene Theresa Schneider

There is NO WAY somebody who died in 1910 is the father of someone born in 1920. This line is missing a generation.

Iosel Finn b. circa 1839; d. circa 1910 Iosel Y J Finn, HaLevi
is probably a duplicate of
Iosel (Fin) Finn, HaLevi b. circa 1848, Uzpaliai, Utena, Lithuania; d. circa 1910, Debeikiai, Anyksciai, Lithuania
Iosel Y J Finn, HaLevi

Yeshayahu Finn b. circa 1826; d. circa 1908 Rabbi Yeshayahu Fin is probably a duplicate of
Rabbi Yeshayahu Fin b. circa 1820, Uzpaliai, Utena, Lithuania; d. August 18, 1908, Uzpaliai, Utena, Lithuania Rabbi Yeshayahu Fin

Which leaves Itzak Finn ? Fin
which is probably supposedly a duplicate of ? Fin ? Fin

And I see no reason to believe that line is a descendant of the Pazernov line

Private User
11/18/2021 at 4:55 AM

Private User or anyone else

1) what evidence is there that Shlomo Pazernov = Shlomo Pazernov had a son named "Itzak Finn"??

2) what evidence is there that the father of "Yeshayahu Finn" b. circa 1826; d. circa 1908 was named Itzak?

Private User
11/18/2021 at 7:25 AM

Yes, 3 - Half 5th cousin DNA matches are Shlomo Pazernov via AncestryDNA.

Private User
11/18/2021 at 7:32 AM

Itzak Fin may be the son of Shlomo Pazernov.

Yeshayahu Yesha-Aya Shaia FiNN PAZERNOV הלןי may be the son of Itzak Fin
I
osel Yussel Jossiel FiNN הלןי may be the son of Yeshayahu Yesha-Aya Shaia FiNN PAZERNOV הלןי.

Abraham Yehoshua Finn may be the son of Iosel Yussel Jossiel FiNN הלןי

Arlene Theresa Finn may be the daughter of Abraham Yehoshua Finn

Private User
11/18/2021 at 7:34 AM

Private User
Please give more complete answers.
Are you referring to something you see on ThruLines?

Private User
11/18/2021 at 8:07 AM

Jeff Meyerson (c) - please see the first two posts in this Public Discussion --
you added and are currently sole manager of the likely duplicates of the descendants of what is currently shown as Itzak Finn son of Shlomo Pazernov -

Do you agree the pairs are duplicates?

Private User
11/18/2021 at 11:20 AM

In Ancesrty's own Documentation about Thrulines -
https://support.ancestry.com/s/article/AncestryDNA-ThruLines?langua...;

"Since ThruLines are based on the family trees of you and other members of Ancestry, they're as accurate as the trees they're based on. Mistakes in family trees can cause inaccurate ThruLines.

Because they're based on trees, ThruLines don't prove your specific connection to a DNA match. For example, if you have someone listed in your tree as a second cousin, and that person appears as a DNA match and in a ThruLine as your second cousin, they could still actually be a first cousin once removed, a half-first cousin, or a number of other relationships to you. "

Repeating part of above in Capitals (because I do not know how to do bold)
THRULINES DON'T PROVE YOUR SPECIFIC CONNECTION TO A DNA MATCH

Private User
11/19/2021 at 7:57 AM

Are you referring to something you see on ThruLines? Yes, I am related to 8 DNA matches of Shlomo

Private User
11/19/2021 at 8:26 AM

Jeff Meyerson (c) - I have no idea how much you care about these specific profiles.
As a Curator, you have more choices here than I do.
I want to give you a chance to look and take whatever action you think is best.

Private User
11/19/2021 at 8:27 AM

Since all the relevant profiles are Public, I can merge them in on my own -
but I want to give Jeff a chance to act and/or comment.
Otherwise, if they are still Public I will merge in those I indicated were probably duplicates -
and then disconnect from the Pazernov line unless evidence has actually been provided showing the connection is valid.

Private User
11/19/2021 at 8:38 AM

Private User
re: " I am related to 8 DNA matches of Shlomo"
Shlomo died long before there was any DNA testing, so he does not have DNA results, so there are no DNA matches of Shlomo.

Did you mean there are 8 people on Ancestry who
1) match you.
and 2) show Shlomo as their Ancestor?

Private User
11/19/2021 at 8:43 AM

8 Ancestry DNA matches plus me are related to Shlomo with Rosenberg family.

Private User
11/19/2021 at 10:26 AM

Private User

You have given a conclusion you have reached "8 Ancestry DNA matches plus me are related to Shlomo with Rosenberg family"
But no details. And no evidence.

Private User
11/19/2021 at 2:54 PM

YOU ARE NO EVIDENCE.

Private User
11/19/2021 at 2:54 PM

YOU ARE NO DNA matches to Shlomo.

Private User
11/19/2021 at 3:05 PM

Good bye!

Private User
11/20/2021 at 7:11 AM

The Pazernov Line is one I care about. It includes folks I am in contact with who are both my blood kin and in what Geni considers my Max Family, plus others with whom I have also discussed Pazenov genealogy.
I do not want to see it corrupted for any reason, including a misunderstanding of what DNA results actually prove.

Private User
11/20/2021 at 8:19 AM

Among the considerations when looking at DNA Matches:

Identical by descent (IBD) means you inherited the piece of DNA from a common ancestor, inherited through the relevant parent.
Identical by chance (IBC) means that your mom’s and dad’s DNA just happens to have been inherited by you randomly in a way that creates a sequence of DNA that matches that other person.
(from https://dna-explained.com/2020/04/21/concepts-chromosome-browser-wh...)

Generally, we only utilize 7cM (centiMorgan) segments and above because at that level, about half of the segments are identical by descent and about half are identical by chance, known as false positives. By the time we move above 15 cM, most, but not all, matches are legitimate.
(from https://dna-explained.com/2019/08/06/first-steps-when-your-dna-resu... )

shared matches are absolutely NOT a guarantee that you, your match, and your common matches all share the same ancestor, unless you’re close family. Your shared match could match you or your match through different ancestors – or could be identical by chance.
(from https://dna-explained.com/2019/08/06/first-steps-when-your-dna-resu... )

Since ThruLines are based on the family trees of you and other members of Ancestry, they're as accurate as the trees they're based on. Mistakes in family trees can cause inaccurate ThruLines.
(from https://support.ancestry.com/s/article/AncestryDNA-ThruLines?langua...)

Of course, any time data from family trees is utilized, all of the names/dates/places should be viewed as clues rather than fact. Comparisons between multiple family trees are only as accurate as the data contained in said trees.
(from https://www.legacytree.com/blog/ancestrydna-thrulines)

11/22/2021 at 7:32 AM

I have reported Bloom to GENI. I can see how they aren't trying to collaborate but SHOUT in caps lock for no reason. Just because they don't understand what you are saying (Lois) they are getting nasty. I personally don't understand, but I want to and in time might. I know I'm a blood relative of Schlomo (my fourth great grandfather.) Lois, if there is something I can do to help clean up the data, please let me know. We can skype or chat online.

Private User
11/23/2021 at 8:05 PM

Think a post in another discussion may be relevant here (https://www.geni.com/discussions/204279?msg=1347457l
"Just to quantify things a bit:

What I find is that my baseline match with *any* other person of Ashkenazic descent is around 1% (60cM or so). My baseline with random generic people of Western or Northern European ancestry tends to be around 1 to 10cM.

All that is saying is that at some point, historically, there's a common ancestor. Could be a couple of thousand years ago. Or it could be random statistical noise."

Showing all 21 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion