James Watson Cook (Cooke) - 2 daughters named Lucinda

Started by Cynthia Curtis, A183502, US7875087 on Saturday, November 20, 2021
Showing all 13 posts
11/20/2021 at 9:55 AM

Lucinda Matilda Daniel
Lucinda Elizabeth Amelia Ann McVey or McVay

Also, what is the source for these parents? TY

11/20/2021 at 10:40 AM

@ Lucinda Daniel born Cook was my great great grandmother.
There is a lot of Daniel family information about Callaway Daniel and Lucinda Cook. Some say her middle name was Matilda. I’m not sure about that.
Lucinda Cook and Callaway Daniel were married about 1822 in Franklin Co., TN. They had at least 10 children before her death circa 1848. Callaway married 2nd Matilda Vanz
ant and had 3 more children. I do not know how another daughter could be the Lucinda McVey you inquired about. I will check collateral. Kin to see if her name shows up.
Lucinda Daniel born Cook is well documented as the mother of Jack Daniel of Tennessee whiskey fame.

I have a 14 page history of these ancestors and their descendants compiled in the 1920’s when some of the Callaway Daniel children were still alive ad could give 1st hand information about their parents. I can’t figure how to attach it here but would be glad to forward it on to you. Just let me know how. I have other documents relating to the Cook/Cooke family.
Beverly

11/20/2021 at 10:51 AM

Beverly Louise Markland there is probably a tutorial on HOW to attach.

11/20/2021 at 11:31 AM

@ Lucinda Daniel born Cook.
Ps. this profile is incorrect in several ways that Im happy to
go through one by one : including birth places and other things like Lucinda’s mother was Mary Riddle.
Geni makes it so hard to correct information already posted that I just left this and put it right on myHeritage.
Beverly

11/20/2021 at 11:46 AM

I have no idea who they are and I just work on the Big Tree to fix obvious errors. The people closest to a profile really do need to make sure they are correct because they are the ones that know and have researched them and have DNA matches, etc. Sometimes I am able to fix a line when given information but cannot rebuild a whole tree. Knowing they are correct on your personal tree is wonderful and I am hopeful you are able to fix the daughter issue. A PRO Geni user can disconnect and can request curator assistance. A basic user is less able to fix a problem.

11/20/2021 at 11:47 AM

Disconnecting Lucinda Elizabeth Amelia Ann McVey or McVay from these parents

11/21/2021 at 6:00 PM

Joseph P McVey and Mary Ann Mathis are my 3x grands. Joseph P McVey's mother was Lucinda or Amelia Ann Cook McVey b. 1802 married George Hugh McVey and they both died in Mississippi. How can DNA be used to verify these are the same Lucinda or Amelia Ann?

11/21/2021 at 6:04 PM

James Watson Cook's ancestors and his wife, Mary Riddle, are part of several ancestor projects I am involved in on GEDmatch, and if they are incorrect, it will affect where to go from here to figure out how I match DNA wise.

11/22/2021 at 7:52 AM

Hi Janice, this is Beverly Markland. I would like to help as I have a similar problem with the Calaway branch of my family and it seems only DNA can help. I have several DNA test results but I can’t get anyone to compare them. I’m having trouble loading my dna results to Geni. My MT is R.
This is what I know. 1. There are many McVay’s around middle TN. Some moved on to Ky and Missouri.(odds are they branched out everywhere with the large families at the time.) 2. Both Lucinda and Amelia are Cook and Fielding family names. 3. I have found so many ancestors by 2nd and 3rd marriages where some spouses are left out of family trees because they are just unknown until we find them. That far back families loose track of extended family. 4. The Cook/Cooke family is huge. 5. I have found state and county genealogy records very helpful. 6. Ancestry records are good but you have to join to see them. I think you can pay a little for a short time access. You are welcome to contact me, If you find out we can compare DNA I’m unjust let me know.

11/22/2021 at 7:59 AM

Correction last sentence- I’m in, just let me know.

11/22/2021 at 8:07 AM

Hi, Janice Witt! I am excited to see you and Beverly Louise Markland working on this. I can undo the disconnect while they are researched!

11/22/2021 at 8:11 AM

https://www.familysearch.org/tree/person/collaborate/L21J-Y8J for Lucinda Cook McVey says: Note
NO PROOF THAT THE 1850 CENSUS OF LUCINDA MCVEY IS THE SAME AS LUCINDA COOK. BEFORE YOU GIVE JOSEPH P. MCVEY PARENTS AND SIBLINGS---PLEASE BE SURE YOU HAVE THE PROOF TO DOCUMENT THE RELATIONSHIP!!!!!!!! THIS JUST MISLEADS OTHER RESEARCHERS WHO TRY TO DOCUMENT THEIR LINEAGES.

Last Changed: 22 May 2016 by l

L21J-Y8J
The only source noted is the 1850 census.

I think looking for a will may help

11/22/2021 at 8:13 AM

JOSEPH P. MCVEY is showing as a son.

DNA may very well be helpful since this is a documented line with a known male and Lucinda is within that range of autosomal DNA for you (4th great grand) for Janice Witt

Showing all 13 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion