Long overdue outstanding and incomplete merges

Started by Wilma Greyling (Basson) - again available in 2024 on Tuesday, November 23, 2021
Showing all 6 posts

Dear all

Is there a maybe a better and quick way to get managers and others, to PLEASE get going with this very annoying issue? There are so many outstanding and incomplete merges! Or am I missing something obvious here?

Is there maybe a possibility for the system to ''get tweaked technically'', in order to maybe ''remind'' managers after a reasonable time, to just please go and do the merges, so we can all get to the results we want?

I am starting to loose hope here! It is wasting so much time, if mergers are not done!

Anyone with ideas on how this irritating time lag can be improved?

Much appreciated.

Stay safe.

Thanks in advance

Wilma Basson

11/25/2021 at 4:35 AM

I just saw your post, looked at it and tried to lend a hand till I hit by an MP with locked relationships so I couldn't solve the 2 pairs of parents issue. I left a merge request and I have now send a message to the curator.
Sometimes when a complex merge happens in the middle of two trees the next merges spread in two or three different directions and it's hard to keep track which parts have been dealt with.
Working in a collaborative tree means that if we all do our bit then we are hopefully able to keep on top of the jobs. Most likely we see regularly new duplicates pop up with new managers joining, so this will be an ongoing job; especially as long as Gedcom imports are allowed.
For yourself you can see the incomplete merges in:
for relatives: https://www.geni.com/list/tree_conflicts
managed by you: change "viewing" to "Managed by me"

I hope that helps.

11/25/2021 at 11:27 AM

It's certainly another way of poking all interested parties.

Private User
11/26/2021 at 5:24 AM

I get the impression there were posts deleted.

Thanks all. I am trying to but by bit work to resolve this, but it is soooooooooo frustrating!
Yes - we are all human and we all make mistakes I suppose! It is just wasting so much time! (My humble opinion.)

Sorry typo - bit by bit* Oops! Ha ha ha!!!!

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion