Annussia Weidmann (Halperson) - Annussia Halperson birthdate confusion

Started by Robert Glover on Thursday, December 2, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

12/2/2021 at 8:35 PM

According to Annussia's birth record from Odessa, Annussia was born on 6-Aug-1901 in the Gregorian calendar, 24-Jul-1901 in the Julian calendar, and 21-Av in the Jewish calendar. According to Annussia's daughter Erica, Annussia’s birthday was 18-Aug-1901 (same Month and Day as her husband Adolf Leon Weidmann). After her husband died, Annussia changed her birth date to 24-Aug-1901.

I believe that the Julian calendar may have still been in use in Odessa when Annussia was born. By the time she married in 1919, the Gregorian calendar was being used. My theory (and really just guessing) is that with the calendar change, Annussia was not sure of her birth date in the new calendar and decided to take her husband's birth month & day when she married. Years later when her husband died, for some unknown reason, she decided to change her birth date. I am guessing that she wanted to change it back to her original birth date and that she remembered the 24th but did not realize that it was 24-Jul and not 24-Aug, and that was in the Julian calendar. Again, I'm just guessing here.

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion