Rev. Isom / Isham Hodges Jr. - Conflicting Wives

Started by Debbie Gambrell on Tuesday, December 7, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 5 posts
12/7/2021 at 10:28 PM

The two wives both named Mary Terrell can't be merged because they're connected to different parents, etc. I doubt he had two wives by the exact same name who were different people, but I can't find enough documentation to prove or disprove any of the connections.

Mary 'Polly' Hodges (Terral / Terrell)

Mary 'Polly' Hodges (Terral / Terrell)

Wiki doesn't show parents for his wife:

https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Terrell-1327

All the Ancestry trees I get Hints on show her to be the Mary, daughter of Edward Terrell and Susannah Stephens, not the Mary whose father is named John. I have her connected to the Terrell / Stephens couple in my Ancestry tree and I have 119 DNA matches to them in ThruLines since these tolks are in my direct lines.

That many DNA matches in ThruLines to them seems very conclusive to me, especially lacking any other type of documentatiion. So, I'm in favor of disconnecting the Mary Terrell, daughter of John Terrell as a wife of this Isom / Isham Hodges.

If anyone has additional proof of his wife's parentage so we can know which Mary Terrell was his wife, please share that so we can document it and remove the extra Mary, so that the Geni pathways are correct.

Thanks in advance for any assistance with getting these connections correct.

12/7/2021 at 10:29 PM

A good while back I asked to be added as a manager on this profile since he's my 4th great-grandfather, and no one ever approved me.

3/22/2022 at 1:07 PM

I see that a merge was made that has resulted in two mothers connected to the children of Rev. Isom Hodges:

Mary Polly Terrell was merged into Mary 'Polly' Hodges (Terral / Terrell) by Jack Joseph Keesing.
Nov 21, 2021 at 6:21 PM ·

and a note put in the Overview that it's possibly the same person. A 'possibly' the same person merge that isn't proven / documented only throws the Geni pathways off. It's best to be able to document they're the same or everything at least match up. However, the two wives have different fathers.

I addressed all this last December and the merge hasn't been proven nor disconnected, so the pathways are still messed up now. :(

4/3/2022 at 10:31 AM

Having received no response on the issues above, I'm removing the extra wife who has different parents and is causing conflict on the pathways. If the person who made the merge has documentation and it can be proven that the connections need correcting, it can be addressed then.

4/3/2022 at 10:42 AM

I also disconnected her from the Keen husband that I haven't seen any documentation that this Mary Terrell was the wife of anyone other than Rev. Ishom Hodges. If there is documentation, that can be corrected.

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion