How to correct inconsistencies?

Started by Cynthia Hussain on Thursday, December 9, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 6 posts
12/9/2021 at 4:09 PM

I have the information needed to correct inconsistencies, but I can't figure out how to do it.

12/9/2021 at 6:05 PM

It's such a generic question. There isn't 1 way to fix all possible kinds of inconsistencies.

Present a problem, describe why it's wrong and people can provide suggestions as to the path forward to correct it. Typically it starts from a profile involved.

12/11/2021 at 4:36 PM

Thanks for your advice, Jonathan. This particular inconsistency has resulted from a profile of one of my ancestors being merged with the same ancestor's profile posted by a distance relative. Her correct name is Godfrey Mariah Mathis, but my distant relative posted her name as Mariah Mariah Mathis. I did send him a message, but I can't figure out how to correct her name. I've been working with Ancestry for about a year, and I find it easy. Are there instructions for Geni? For instance, I know how to attach source documents in Ancestry, but I don't know where to search for them or attach them in Geni.
Thanks,
Cynthia

12/11/2021 at 8:04 PM

Please provide a link to the profile. I can only find this one which has not been merged:

Godfrey Mariah Mathis

12/12/2021 at 10:05 AM

Here is the profile that you are asking about:
Godfrey Mariah Mathess

From the profile page, click on Actions on the upper right. Select Resolve Conflicting Data to start the process of deciding which bits of data from a merge are correct.

12/12/2021 at 10:24 PM

Thank you, Jonathan. And everyone who replied to my post, thank you for helping me.

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion