Rosenow family

Started by Jeremy Gordon on Thursday, December 30, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Showing all 3 posts
12/30/2021 at 6:45 PM

Hi All

The descendants of the Rosenow family from Raczki have created a website at www.ourrosefamily.org and put all the information on that site that we've been able to gather over the years. If anyone has any records mentioning the Rosenow family obviously it would be wonderful to see them.

The family moved to Birmingham, England in stages between 1899 and 1922, using the name "Rose" in England.

We only go back to Avraham Rosenow probably born 1830 and died 1926, who married Hannah Dubka. They had two children. On, Shimon Rosenow we've lost track of. The other, Isaac Jacob Rosenow married Haya Leah Gutfarb.

It seems that Isaac was itinerant preacher moving from shtetl to shtetl, explaining the birth places we have for their family: Hadassah born 1876, Morris born in Slonim 1880, David born in Grodno 1883, Jenny born 1887, Dora born 1888, Samuel born in Nowinka 1890, Jack born 1894, Abraham born in Raczki 1897, Phoebe born in Raczki 1898 and Moishe born in Raczki 1901.

Hadassah married one David Lev in Augustow in about 1898 and had four sons: Velvel, Sholom, Tevka and Nohom. They eventually made in to England too.

The other children of Isaac and Haya did not marry until they reached England.

Many thanks

Jeremy Gordon

1/1/2022 at 1:24 PM

My great-grandmother Anna PRINCE was born in Raczki in 1834 and immigrated to Texas in 1858. I visited Raczki briefly in 2019 and found only one gravestone in the Jewish cemetery.

Private User
1/12/2022 at 1:08 PM

My great great grandmother Pearl Rebecka Neuberg was born in Raczki 1859. She and her father Simon Neiberg moved to Sweden around 1870. I Really want to find her mother, who seems to have died in childbirth. Simon remarried a Anna Sederowsky, also from Rascki and had 6 other children with her. Abraham, Aron Lewin, Maria, Herman, Dinah and Berta.
Has anybody found any records from Raczki?
Was it worth the visit?

Showing all 3 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion