Participants:

• Geni member
  • Private User
    Geni Pro

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 2 posts
1/13/2022 at 10:51 AM

a Margaret Charlotta Sinclair was my Great Grandmother

notes from a cousin : 'The Sinclair father's first name was Harry (one R in Hary) for two or three generations. An easy one to notice. They came from the OrkneyIslands. There was a record of them still living there in the late1700's, or possible even early 1800's. The three Sinclair girls were Margaret, Isabella and Jane. All three lived with Robert Maxwell Graham in a suite above the bake shop in St. John, New Brunswick. Margaret died in Clarendon district and is buried in the Gravel Hill cemetery, at the Graham corner. I have a map showing where someone thought Robert M. Graham was buried, or might have been. But it was not in the same place as his wife, Margaret.
from DW Graham 4 Feb 2003'

1 Robert Maxwell Graham b/1815 Scotland
wife Margaret Sinclair married 1842
emmigrated same year 1842
lived on bds Carleton& Dorchester st Saint John
baker by trade
it states father Robert ?

2 there were two Robert Maxwell Graham s
living in Clarendon Robert sr b/1845
Robert jr b/1876
both farmers as stated by Hutchinson directory
and Lovell directory
I would like to know who Robert Maxwell Graham was and where he came from, Thanks, Bob

Private User
1/13/2022 at 1:40 PM

Margaret Charlotta Sinclair was the daughter of Hary Sinclair and Janet Mowat. Her baptism was registered at Stomness in Orkney on 17 July 1815, but it seems quite likely that she died young, because she had a younger sister named Margaret Graham Sinclair whose baptism was registered there on 9 February 1827. The probably that she did indeed die young is suggested by the fact that her name is missing from the Stromness census return of 28 May 1821.

For the 1821 census return see Harry Sinclair

Showing all 2 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion