Barend Burcherdt Burger / Berndt Burcherdt, SV/PROG

Started by Private User on Wednesday, March 2, 2022
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 5 posts

Two profiles here Berndt Búrgertsz, SV/PROG and Berndt Búrgertsz, SV/PROG.

Presumably the same person, however one married to Marritje (Maria) van der Merwe, b3 SM and the other to Marritje (Maria) van der Merwe, b3 SM.

Yet, both women are given as the mother of Andries Burger, b3.

The profile for Marritje (Maria) van der Merwe, b3 SM was created just last month (21/02/2022) by Abraham Johannes Burger Small.

To my knowledge Marritje Willemsdr Burger and Maria van der Merwe are the same person. She was also known as Maria Schalk. Her father was Willem Schalk van der Merwe.

I AGREE WITH CHANTEL WALBERER

Afternoon All,

I am a direct descendant of Barend Burcherdt Burger and my uncle Jacobus Burger did all the research on our lineage a few decades back. He has sadly passed but would have loved the internet and the amazing work done by on the Burger ancestry, Thank you for sharing it all here in Geni.

I started to cross reference my Uncle book on the Burger family to this website and to Wiki Family Tree. I have made a mess here in Geni and will fix it so that I don't duplicate records already made by others as I try to link my father and uncle to the family tree. I am sure to mess up the incredible hard work done by others.

Perhaps this is what Abraham has also done inadvertently! How do we communicate with him on this?

There is clear research backed with all the relevant evidence in Wiki Family tree for BB Burger and at some stage I am happy to attach documents here if that helps. ,

Please see the link that shows all the details for Marrietjie Van De Merwe
https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Schalk-82

Marritje van der Merwe was also known as [2]:
Maria Schalk [2]
Maria van der Merwe [2]
25 September 1689 Marta Willems [2]
between 14 June 1699 and 4 November 1701 Marthe Wellems [2]
between 8 July 1701 and 4 November 1701 Marthe Escalk [2]
13 April 1704 Marrijtie Willemsz [2]
15 August 1706 Marretie Schalks [2]
10 July 1708 Marritie Schalk [2]
2 September 1708 Marretie Schalk [2]

She married more than once and details are provided there. Also her Baptism Certificate.

Birth
Date: Maria (Willemse Schalk [3]) was van der Merwe born about 1675 [3][4] / before 29 December 1675. [2][5]
Place: de Caep de Goede Hoop [2] / Cape Town, [South Africa] [5]

Baptism
Marritje van der Merwe was baptized on 29 December 1675 Nederduitsch Gereformeerde Kerk, (Cape Town), de Caep de Goede Hoop. The baptism was witnessed by Elsie Jacobs and Willem Schalck. [6][2][5][1]
Den 29 Decemb'
een dochtertie van
Willem Schalck en Elsie Jacobs syn huijsvrouw
wierdt genaamt Marritie p. 18 [7]

Marriage

Marriage 1
circa 1691 Berndt Burcherdt (b. c 1670, d. b 9 Aug 1705) [2]
Children [2]:
Barent Bùrger (bef 7 Sep 1692) [2]
Andries Burcherdt ( bef c 1695) [2]
Willem Burger (bef 28 May 1696) [2]
Helena Burcherdt (bef 8 Jul 1701) [2]
Jacobus Burcherdt (bef 13 Apr 1704) [2]

Marriage 2
She married Lambert Smit on 24 July 1706 (Cape Town), de Caep de Goede Hoop. [2]
Date: 24 July 1706 [8][9]
Place: [Cape Town], de Caep de Goede Hoop, Dutch Cape Colony [South Africa][8][9]
Groom: Lambert Smit van Tiene[8][9]
Bride: Maria Schalk[8][9]

Warm regards,
Amanda Thorburn (mee Burger)

I've merged the profiles and retained the information in "About" and as reflected here in this discussion. Thank you Patricia and Amanda.

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion