Boudicca, queen of the Iceni - @Boadicea

Started by Vanessa Brooks #RM875291C1 on yesterday
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 4 posts
yesterday at 10:40 AM

Earlier today it was here. Geni must have taken it down. I print, save and read every profile I post on.

I also found her on Wikipedia and History Stories. She is real person and not mythical. There is not much information available on her but she was a Warrior Queen. There is nobody living who can prove that I am not related to her. Post your Gedmatch and common Ancestor.

Here is mine RM875291C1 contains full mitochondrial sequence (FTDNA)

Ancestry, 23&Me, My Heritage, FTDNA.

I am willing to let this one go because somebody removed my post too. I did not break any rules.

Geni provides the relationship not me. Why did you take my post down? I made a copy.

Please provide an answer in the public forum. Thank you.

yesterday at 1:32 PM

Vanessa there is no proof that has any descendants. The only mention of a surviving daughter julia is from a very unreliable source. See the discussion here:
https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Iceni-4

Private User
yesterday at 2:26 PM

Dear Vanessa Brooks #RM875291C1

Boudicca, queen of the Iceni the profile is still here.

There are no proven lines, so there is no reason to fabricate any. Surely if Boudiccas offspring had children, she can be also your ancestor, and everybody elses who is now living and having European ancestry. Most European ancestors who lived 1000-2000 years ago are ancestors to us all many many times, through different lines. Mathematical calculations suggests that.

These lines keeps changing here all the time also. That tool is very nice for many things, especially when using it with DNA and looking for close lost relatives.

For these older lines, you must check every profile what you have, and check there are good enough sources. Otherwise you cannot trust it. That is actually very fullfilling work.

When you check the main profile and there are section of discussions: it is better to continue some older discussions about "this person is my number xx ancestor" - there are no reason to start new one. Many people think this is spamming the Geni. I would not take it that far saying that though. I do understand and it is very normal to be exited about ancestors as we all are truly connected. Discussions just are opened normally if there are something generally interesting news of the profile, or some new info, error, exctr.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNF7WGQYmd0&ab_channel=Kimberly... that is powerful acting job and there are interesting document at youtube about Iceni Queen Boudica

Today at 12:24 AM

Thank you for your fast reply. I was confused why Geni led me to the Boudicca profile. I had never known of the warrior Queen. I was walking the pedigree tree of my connection with de la Pole. Geni led me to that profile. I am curious what connection did Geni find as there must be something.

I do not hunt for these connections. My DNA that is propagated to my profile has linked to so many living people who are linked to many notable ancestors.

I am only guessing. I am a commoner but my DNA says my Ancestors were anything but and Geni takes me to the profiles. Not me.

Thank you for responding. I just want everyone to understand that Geni directs me with the pedigree links. I rely on the experts to explain why my DNA shows a connection if they are interested in knowing. I cannot explain it. I am looking for a whole tribe of people who may have been wiped out and Boudicca could have been a starter.

L1c2b1 that is my haplogroup. I will continue to look. Perhaps beyond Boudicca. Let's see where Geni directs me.

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion