Grand Rabbi Yechezkel Taub, the Kuzimer Rebbe - Consultation re Kuzmir Rebbe Yechezkel Taub's Profile - Help appreciated.

Начала Malka Mysels вчера
Возникла проблема на этой странице?

Участники:

Упомянутые профили:

Проекты:

Показаны все сообщения (3)
вчера в 8:21 после полудня

It has kindly been brought to my attention that there are problematic issues that need be corrected regarding the Kuzmir Rebbe, Yechezkel Taub’s Geni profile.

Any additional information anyone can provide to address the issues spotlighted would be greatly appreciated so that the profile managers can then decide on the best fix for these discrepancies and/or errors.

So, please feel free to add any helpful thoughts and findings to this page so we can all follow along.

Malka M.

————————————————————————

Grand Rabbi Yechezkel Taub, the Kuzimer Rebbe

David E.

There is some information that appears to be wrong.

1. He was born in either 1773 or 1775.

2. The tree incorrectly lists his mother as Chana, who was born in 1767 and would have been only six or eight years old when the Rebbe was born.

Chana Rizel Taub

I recently found a marriage record in JRI-Poland for Haskiel TAUBE and Rayzl ABRAMOWNA, who were married in Lowicz, Poland in 1824.
His parents were listed as Hersz and Dwoyra.

In my personal tree, I have changed the name of his mother from Chana (maiden name STEINER) to Dwora (maiden name and patronymic unknown).

3. The Geni tree lists Yechezkel's father Tzvi Hersh with a death date of 1794. This date is found in various sources along with a note that he died in the battle of Praga. It turns out that this event occurred in 1804, not 1794.

R. Tzvi Hersh Taub

4. Also in the Geni tree is Tzvi Hersh's father, listed as Shlomo-Zalman Szlamy Hakoba Moshe? TAUB, son of Ickcow Icek TAUB and a woman with the name "To be added".

Shlomo-Zalman Szlamy Hakoba Moshe? Taub

According to the 1846 death record for Tzvi Hersh's brother Wolf, the father was listed as Szlomo Jakoba. I interpret the second name as a patronymic, which would indicate that Shlomo-Zalman's father was Jakob, not Icek. In the original document image, the second name is hard to read. I think it likely that "Hakoba" was a misreading of Jakoba, and that "Ickow" was also a misreading.

Ickcow Icek Taub

To summarize, I would recommend you consider making the following changes be made by the curator:

(1) List Dwora (maiden name unknown) as the mother of Yechezkel TAUB and his sister Feyga.

(2) Change the death year of Tzvi Hersh TAUB to 1804.

(3) Drop "Szlamy Hakoba Moshe?" from the name of Tzvi Hersh's father Shlomo-Zalman.

(4) Change the name of Shlomo-Zalman's father from Icek to Jakob.

(5) Remove the profiles for "Tobeadded TAUB" and her parents.

————————————————————————

Malka M.

If there are any Hebrew readers,

1. The Plonsk Yizkor Book has some biographical information. So if anyone is able to read pages 48 - 49 to see if there is any mention of his mother’s name, or anything else helpful would be super!

Interestingly enough, it does seem that '1774' is the date they give for Yechezkel Taub's birth.
Tzvi, Yechezkel Taub’s father is mentioned quite a bit, so maybe there is some useful biographical information included.

Plonsk Yizkor Book - https://digitalcollections.nypl.org/items/672ed060-58a0-0133-ce53-0...

2. Hebrewbooks.com: Also, perhaps his Sefer may include some biographical information in the title page or preface.

https://beta.hebrewbooks.org/3661 נחמד מזהב -- טאוב, יחזקאל בן צבי הירש, מקוזמיר

3. Kuzmir Yizkor Book: Perhaps there might be some information in here too.

https://digitalcollections.nypl.org/items/1a1c7090-79c4-0133-40fd-0...

https://digitalcollections.nypl.org/items/1a1c7090-79c4-0133-40fd-0...

Kazimierz Dolny Additional title: Pinḳas Ḳuzmir
Additional title: Yizker-bukh pinḳes Ḳuzmir
Additional title: Kazimierz
Additional title: Sefer yizkor kehilat Kuzmir d'Lublin
Additional title: פנקס קוזמיר
Additional title: ספר יזכור קהילת קוזמיר ד'לובלין
Additional title: יזכור-בוך פנקס קוזמיר

————————————————————————

Сегодня в 12:48 до полудня

Malka Mysels

Hi Malka,

I am not his descendant, but according to Geni he is the husband of my great cousin (assuming the information is correct)...if you have contact with anyone in the family, I would appreciate it if you could update them and they would contact me

I am attaching the connection between me and him:

https://www.geni.com/path/Haim-WARTSKI-HACOHEN+is+related+to+Grand-...
Many thanks

Private User
Сегодня в 3:23 до полудня

I'm not sufficiently fluent in Hebrew to be able to read these valuable sources. When were these books written?

Does anybody have sources dating the births of the Kuzmir Rebbe's father Zvi Hirsch? According to my oral family history, Tzvi Hirsch's father Shlomo Zalman was blessed by the Baal Shem Tov, saying he would have four sons like the chayot hakodesh, the holy spirits. He named his sons Tzvi Hirsch, Zev Wolf, Dov Ber and Aryeh Leib, all animal names, which appears to be a pun on the word chayot.

The 1846 death record for Wolf TAUB gives his age as 65, implying a birth in 1778, several years after the birth of his nephew, the Kuzmir Rebbe. Is thisTzvi Hirsch's brother or a different person with the same name?

Показаны все сообщения (3)

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении