Liisa Erkintytär Koikkalainen - MtDNA conflict

Начала Susanne Floyd on short hiatus вчера
Возникла проблема на этой странице?

Участники:

Упомянутые профили:

Проекты:

Показаны все сообщения (18)
вчера в 3:15 после полудня

Currently there are two MtDNA samples conflicting on the profile of Liisa Erkintytär Koikkalainen

Any help to find the discrepancey would be appreciated. Currently, she is listed as my 6th great grandmother through most recent new sources from digitized proprietary records. When I connected, the VIa1a populated.

Thanks, Susanne

вчера в 3:18 после полудня

Any Finish curators?

вчера в 3:50 после полудня

There are a number of them and I think they will help also many relatives and collaborators on both DNA lines. I am sure we can get this right. We are so close now.

Thanks to work of cousins and collaborators Annika Koskinen and Mauno Tapio Into. They have been working on my tree to help me since I have been on Geni. Genealogy is exciting when we have puzzles like these.

вчера в 5:32 после полудня

Her profile should not say this: There are no profiles on Geni with Mitochondrial DNA that matches Anna Sironen.

вчера в 7:13 после полудня

https://www.geni.com/list/ancestors/6000000079506999925?compare_id=...

DNA maternal report from Hilma Beck

1. Hilma Beck b. August 27, 1888, Tervaskangas, Evijärvi, Finland; d. June 1, 1932, Walterboro, Colleton County, South Carolina, United States
2. Anna Antintytär Tervaskangas b. May 18, 1858, Evijärvi, Finland
3. Anna Eliaksentytär Tervaskangas b. October 17, 1827, Evijärvi, Finland
4. Maria Juhontytär Joutsen b. November 3, 1808, Evijärvi, Finland; d. January 1, 1858, Evijärvi, Finland
5. Liisa Matintytär Joutsen b. October 19, 1780, Evijärvi, Finland; d. November 9, 1848, Evijärvi, Ina, Joutsen, Finland
6. Maria Juhontytär Söderkniivilä b. April 2, 1758, Vimpeli, Finland; d. January 29, 1836, Evijärvi, Finland
7. Sofia Jaakontytär Österspangar b. May 11, 1729, Vimpeli, Finland; d. circa 1774, Korsholm, Finland
8. Liisa Erkintytär Koikkalainen b. August 31, 1706, Vimpeli, Finland; d. December 23, 1779, Vimpeli, Finland
9. Maria Martintytär Kammarbacka b. May 29, 1661, Jokikylä, Evijärvi, Finland; d. February 11, 1732, Vimpeli, Finland
10. Helga Mårtensdotter Strang b. 1626, Vimpeli, Finland; d. August 17, 1706, Evijärvi, Finland
11. Magdalena Lassintytär Strang b. 1602, Evijärvi, Finland; d. circa 1698, Evijärvi, Finland

DNA maternal report from Lisbeth Anna Margareta Källman

1. Lisbeth Anna Margareta Källman b. February 15, 1934, Forsby, Pedersöre, Finland; d. May 24, 2021, Purmo, Finland
2. Anna Sofia Ekstrand b. September 23, 1902, Fäboda, Jakobstad, Finland; d. April 12, 1989
3. Lovisa Nyman b. July 9, 1879, Gästfgifvars, Sundby, Pedersöre, Finland; d. February 26, 1964, Fäboda, Jakobstad, Finland
4. Johanna Mattsdotter Gästgifvars b. October 2, 1838, Gästgifvars, Sundby, Pedersöre, Finland; d. July 13, 1914, Pedersöre, Finland
5. Greta Lena Mattsdotter Skutnabba b. April 12, 1806, Skutnabba, Pedersöre, Finland; d. January 10, 1866
6. Lena Mattsdotter Skutnabba b. 1776, Skutnabba, Pedersöre, Finland; d. May 5, 1843, Kyrkoby, Skutnabba, Pedersöre, Finland
7. Margareta Jakobsdotter Skutnabba b. June 20, 1745, Österspangar, Vimpeli, Lappajärvi, Finland; d. May 26, 1789, Skutnabba, Kyrkoby, Pedersöre, Finland
8. Liisa Erkintytär Koikkalainen b. August 31, 1706, Vimpeli, Finland; d. December 23, 1779, Vimpeli, Finland
9. Maria Martintytär Kammarbacka b. May 29, 1661, Jokikylä, Evijärvi, Finland; d. February 11, 1732, Vimpeli, Finland
10. Helga Mårtensdotter Strang b. 1626, Vimpeli, Finland; d. August 17, 1706, Evijärvi, Finland
11. Magdalena Lassintytär Strang b. 1602, Evijärvi, Finland; d. circa 1698, Evijärvi, Finland

вчера в 7:20 после полудня

Numbers 10 Helga Mårtensdotter Strang and 11 Magdalena Lassintytär Strang are showing only the U5a1d2b MtDNA haplogroup. Not sure why they haven't picked up the V1a1a as the others have.

Private User
вчера в 8:25 после полудня

The two MtDNA Samples propagating to Hilma Beck
are from Susanne Floyd on short hiatus and Lisbeth Anna Margareta Källman

Susanne Floyd on short hiatus is Helga Strang's 8th great granddaughter - she is the V... MtDNA

Lisbeth Anna Margareta (Ekstrand) Källman just said "is connected" to Helga Strang. So I asked it to find the relationship - got
7th great granddaughter. Lisbeth is the U.... MtDNA

--so yes, if Susanne's propagated that far back, then Lisberth's should also.

Private User
вчера в 8:34 после полудня

My error - the U propagated, and she is closer to Helga. But if the U... propagated to both Helga and the next generation,
Then would think Susanne should propagate to Helga.

There is a limit to how many generations are propagated.

------

Re: "There are no profiles on Geni with Mitochondrial DNA that matches Anna Sironen."
Do not know who Anna Sironen is.
But do know, they are only talking about the person's own linked DNA- not propagated DNA.
Did Anna Sironen do a DNA Test that is linked to her Profile?

Сегодня в 7:32 до полудня

7. Margareta Jakobsdotter Skutnabba

Сегодня в 7:33 до полудня

7. Sofia Jaakontytär Österspangar

Сегодня в 7:37 до полудня

I still wonder if they need disconnected and then add the relationship back but may take a curator to do it-- are there any FInnish speaking curators that can assist?

Private User
Сегодня в 9:13 до полудня

Cynthia - I see that
Sofia Jaakontytär Österspangar
And
Margareta Jakobsdotter Skutnabba
are sisters, and neither of them has had any revisions since Apr 2021 (except for a change in Manager)

Who is the "they" in "wonder if they need disconnected and then add the relationship back" ?

Сегодня в 9:16 до полудня

Private User just wondering about a reset and if that would fix the problem. I think the most difficult part is the language barrier because you can't read the sources

Сегодня в 9:28 до полудня

The mitochondrial studies are not like the Y projects:
https://www.familytreedna.com/public/mtdnahaplogroupv?iframe=mtresults

Private User
Сегодня в 9:34 до полудня

In case anyone else wondering - in https://www.geni.com/discussions/255704?msg=1591359
We are given the Maternal line for Hilma Beck
Hilma is the Maternal grandmother of the one of the MtDNA Sample, Susanne Floyd on short hiatus
So that is also the Maternal line for that sample if we add 2 to each generation number.

And we are given the Maternal line for the other MtDNA Sample, Lisbeth Anna Margareta Källman

And both Maternal lines are the same from
on

Сегодня в 4:02 после полудня

Re: Lois Lubin just wondering about a reset and if that would fix the problem. I think the most difficult part is the language barrier because you can't read the sources

No, that wouldn’t solve the problem, because it’s not a tech issue. It is a genealogy problem.

Malin had said it clearly: one of the daughters in the chain did not have the mother shown in the tree. And this could be difficult to track down, even for Finland, which has good records and pedigrees.

My guess is that it could be all the way at the top, at Liisa’s two daughters, Margareta & Sofia.

This case, by the way, is a perfect example of how DNA testing is helpful.

Сегодня в 4:10 после полудня

Margareta’s profile references a site with English pages.

https://hetsittesukua.fi/updated-and-digitised/

Показаны все сообщения (18)

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении