Maria Humalalampi (Harju) - Illegitimate Children

Started by Sarah Johnson on Friday, October 14, 2022
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 4 posts
10/14/2022 at 6:24 PM

What were the names of the children born after Elias went to America?

10/14/2022 at 7:48 PM

Hi Sarah,

The two children were:

Kalle Vihtori (Charles Victor), b. 12 Aug 1889 Karstula. Passport for America on 19 Nov 1906. I don’t know what happened to him.

Elma Maria, b. 4 Jul 1893 Karstula. Emigrated 1903. Married Emil Warten in 1916 and Reino Mustonen in 1922. Died in Arizona in March 1977.

The documentary ”Toivola - Land of Hope” has been aired in Finnish TV at least three times. It’s still available for viewing online.

May I assume that you are related to Martin Joseph Johnson, of Johnson Rd, Toivola?

We are not actually related but there is a connection through my wife.

With best regards from Helsinki,

Hannu Heino

10/15/2022 at 7:26 AM

Yes, my Martin is my grandfather in law. I have received the full accounting for the family tree between Anna Hallsten and Elias, but the family seems only vaguely aware that there was a Finnish wife left behind. From what I can tell, all 5 of the children immigrated to America, and Kalle has been the hardest to track down. I have found books on Toivola, but I will have to see if I can find the documentary online.

Do you have any additional information on Aina Maria, B 1884? She is the only of Maria and Elias's children that I can find evidence of having met the Anna Hallsten side of the family.

My husband and I have just added a new generation to the family tree, and I have hopes of taking him to Finland one day.

10/15/2022 at 8:37 AM

I had not studied them at all and I don't have any first hand information whatseoever.

I just added Wilma Johanna and Aina Maria into the tree, including their passport and travel records.

Wilma Johanna Anton

Anna Mary Raudwer

I have not found them in any US records, however. Please update the profiles with whatever information you've got.

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion