daughter (Lumley) Hussey - Parents?

Started by Erica Howton on today
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 8 posts
Today at 5:26 PM

Evidence needed to support daughter Hussey as daughter of Sir Ralph Lumley, 1st Baron Lumley & Eleanor de Neville, Baroness Lumley

Her husband, William Hussey is described as a Lincolnshire man “of small means.” It seems unlikely he’d marry a baron’s daughter, even an attained one.

If evidence is presented her parents can of course be re attached.

Private User
Today at 7:23 PM

on the peerage or other such sources (Lincolnshire pedigrees) she is mentioned but not given a name. members of the Hussey family were Sheriffs (etc) of Lincolnshire, Sussex and Dorset. and there were barons. in Dorset, sheriff Hussey (or whichever title, more tham one generation there) was at Duntish.

Private User
Today at 7:26 PM

i had created this profile to replace an incorrect marriage to another of his daughters.

Today at 7:34 PM

Excellent, glad you did.

I believe the illustrious days for the Husseys began with her grandson, Sir William Hussey, Lord Chief Justice The Lumley daughter is top of the pedigree and poorly described.

Can you find a link that isn’t a tree?

For example, she’s linked but not described at

https://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p557.htm#... Eleanor Neville was born circa 1365 at of Raby, Durham, England. She married Sir Ralph de Lumley, 1st Lord Lumley, son of Sir Marmaduke de Lumley and Margaret de Holand, circa 1380; They had 12 children. This included 5 sons (Thomas; Sir John; George; William; & Marmaduke, Bishop of Carlisle & Lincoln, Treasurer of England) and 3 daughters (Elizabeth, wife of Adam Tyrwhit, Esq; Margaret, wife of Sir John Clervaux; & Katherine, wife of Sir John Chidiock).2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 Eleanor Neville died after 16 July 1447.

Today at 7:35 PM

I was adding links to this study when I ran across her.

http://freepages.rootsweb.com/~gowenrf/genealogy/husseyms_001.htm

Today at 8:16 PM

I also find that Oliver Hewish, of Doniford was not her son. He is seen as Oliver Hussey in some pedigrees do he gets stuck onto her. But Burke’s has extensive pedigree at A Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Commoners of Great ..., Volume 4. By John Burke. “Huyshe, of Sand and Clysthyon.” Page 409-416 < [https://books.google.com/books?id=6AtBAQAAMAAJ&lpg=PA410&dq=pedigre... GoogleBooks > where Oliver Hewish’s parents and children are identified.

Anne Brannen I noticed you disconnected Oliver from parents a couple of times. Time to lock relationships?

Private User
Today at 8:34 PM

Oliver Hewish seems to have been added in error with confusion about the names.

Ralph Lumley is mentioned with 12 children, i only have names for five sons and three daughters.

Today at 8:46 PM

So we don’t know about 4 of the Lumley children. Do we know where the number 12 comes from, and when “daughter Lumley” started being associated as daughter of Ralph?

Showing all 8 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion