Thomas Tucker I - Seems Some Work Needs to Be Done on These Connections

Started by Debbie Gambrell on today
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Today at 2:39 PM

This Thomas Tucker I is a distant cousin line for me, not direct, so I don't know enough about his connections to know what's correct and what's not. Here's what I noticed:

1. Thomas Tucker I is shown wiht one wife: Elizabeth Tucker (Seeley) and no ex's or partners. Yet he has a son attached whose mother is shown as Susannah Holland and their son is shown to be named Thomas also:

Thomas Tucker

Susannah Holland is connected to son Thomas as the mother but not connected to his father Thomas Tucker I

Susannah Holland

2. Thomas Tucker I and wife Elizabeth Seeley are connected as parents of a son named Thomas Tucker Sr., which should be Thomas Tucker II since his father would have been the senior Thomas:

Thomas Tucker, Sr.

This son Thomas was married to Margaret Harbert

Now, I don't know whether Thomas Tucker I had two sons both named Thomas by two different women or the Thomas who was the son of Susannah Holland is incorrectly connected to this family.

What I do know is that the DNA cousin's tree I'm tracing from is a descendant of Thomas Tucker I and Margaret Harbert.

3. I saw a note in this Thomas Tucker I's profile asking if he is the father of Willoughby Tucker. Based on the tree info I have from a Tucker descended from these folks,

Willoughby Tucker
B:21 Feb 1732 Deep Creek, Norfolk, Virginia, United States
D:1783 Nash, North Carolina, United States

and his wife:

Sarah Ross
B:1732 Edgecombe, Edgecombe, North Carolina, United States
D:1780 Georgia, United States

are the direct ancestors from these lines of a cousin I'm collaborating with on our connections.

This is Willoughby's profile:

Willoughby Tucker, Sr.

and he is correctly connected here on Geni to his parents Thomas Tucker listed as Sr. but should be II and his wife Margaret Harbert. This Thomas Tucker I and wife Elizabeth Seeley are Willoughby's paternal grandparents, as connected in the descendant's tree and here on Geni.

Based on all this, unless there is proof that Thomas Tucker I had a son named Thomas with Susannah Holland, I believe that connection may be in error. And Thomas Tucker Sr. should be changed to Thomas Tucker II to avoid confusion. The family definitely wanted to perpetuate males named Thomas, because Willoughby had a son named Thomas who also named a son Thomas.

Thanks in advance for any additional info and/or corrections.

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion