Thomas Floyd - Who is Thomas Floyd....?

Начала Susanne Floyd - on and off the grid сегодня
Сегодня в 7:33 после полудня

We know he existed and is likely one of the "Floyd Boys of Horry County, SC" who migrated to points around the world. What we know -

1. He was married.

2. He had children.

3. He had a number of shady land deals. Not unlike his brother Moses Floyd and probably every other Floyd Boy since they would marry their kin to keep it in the family.

4. He disappears around 1800 after 2 petitions are filed against Robert Hodges and him and their latest land grants. He did own some land in 1816 still, as a property line was drawn with his lines contiguous.

---------------------------------------

Family Search https://www.familysearch.org/tree/person/details/LDQZ-13P

This profile of Thomas Floyd was a slap mess with children from England attached just because they had parents named Thomas and Elizabeth Floyd. No chance given the locations. So I cleaned that up and it seems plausible to me that this Thomas could be the illusive Thomas who disappeared.

Elizabeth Herring listed as his 2nd wife would be a likely candidate since the Herring family was a prominent family just across the river in Marion County, SC. Literally, a ferry ride or a canoe.

I don't believe he was a Revolutionary War Soldier from VA as that is improbable given he was in SC and there was enough going on with Francis Marion if he wanted action. He was also pretty young and I cannot find anything credible.

Would he have gone to Mississippi? Absolutely. Many of the family were heading that way. I don't think that he had a brother named Mitchell and a sister named Norma either. Those were not normal names for the time - later19th century.

Elizabeth Herring did not likely have a mother named Hazel. Another name that was uncommon for the time. If Thomas had a daughter named Stacey by his first wife Edy in 1794, I would also be surprised. These all have few or no sources and I suspect are red 'Herrings." :-)

-----------------------------------------------

I am going to keep researching as I can and would appreciate anyone else's thoughts. Sometimes you stumble on something and just have to wonder.

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении