ATTENTION Curators, I need help fixing a mess

Started by Harm Geert Müller on today
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Today at 7:59 AM

Today I got a popup requesting me to point out the correct parents of Cornelis Gerritz Visser, and later for his wife Geertje de Waart. Naively I obliged. But when I looked at the result, the two of them suddenly had a lot more children than they should have! I had already noticed that in the merger dialog, but that did not provide an option to delete non-genuine children (only parents).

Now it appears there is another couple Cornelis Visser (but not a Gerritsz) and Geertje de Waart, living contemporary in the same location, and these somehow got merged. The merging might have already occurred before my interference, being responsible for the fact that Cornelis and Gerrit each had 4 parents. Anyway, The Cornelis, son of Pieter Cornelisz Visser and Eefje Appel, as well as the Geertje, daughter of Tijs Cornelisz de Waart and Neeltje Admiraal Roos no longer existed at that point. I recreated those, and even recreated a second version of Geertje as a wife of Cornelis in an attempt to marry them, but I did not know how to collapse these two Geertjes into one. And even then the problem would remain that their children were all 'stolen' by the other couple, and I am not sure how to steal them back.

Things are really thoroughly messed up!

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion