Elizabeth “Betty” Bean (Taylor), [Free Settler "Buffalo" 1799] - Betty Bean's Parents

Начал Steve James Farmer сегодня
Сегодня в 7:14 после полудня

HI all,

Elizabeth “Betty” Bean, [Free Settler "Buffalo" 1799]

The parents of Elizabeth "betty" Bean are unknown, most have John Taylor and Mary Sutherland, but there is no proof for this and I for one think it is wrong.

That John Taylor makes no sense to me and has no source. Born in Cambridgeshire, married unknown year, had a child in Westminster then died in Hampshire, this is before the advent of the Railways when most people did not move around much. This is highly unlikely IMHO

As far as I know, there is no evidence for her parents names either. I believe the original research was done by Robert Mote as noted on the australianroyalty website.

Robert Mote is usually very accurate and meticulous with sources, but in this case he has cited a secondary source with no info; "Descendants of Thomas Beane Computer Report", 2 May 1999, Lynn Smith (unknown author address)"

So i searched Westminster births for 1753 to 1755 and came up with 3 good possibilities, one of which i have seen is;

Born in 1753 to John & Sarah Taylor of Field Lane, London. She was christened at St Andrew’s, Holborn on 23 Dec 1753.

The one below was my best guess based on Family names

St James PIcadilly ( where she was married)

Father's first name(s) William Mother's first name(s) Elizabeth Birth date 17 Sep 1755 Baptism date 01 Oct 1755

Note that there are no children of James and Betty called John, Mary or Sarah. It was very common for some children to be named after their grandparents.

Plus the fact that it's highly likely she was called Betty if her mother was Elizabeth.

These are the reason I think the William and Elizabeth birth is probably correct, but we will never know.

Really her parents should be set to unknown

Regards Steve

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении