John Columbus Strickland - Parents

Started by Debbie Gambrell on today
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 2 posts
Today at 8:05 PM

Is there documentation for the parents of this John Columbus Strickland?

Asking because I just looked on Ancestry at three different trees with varying info for his parents:

1. John Willard 'Blackjack' Strickland (1820–1880) and Elizabeth McCann (1824–1864)

2. John Willard Strickland (1823–1880) and Elizabeth Campbell (1823–)

3. John R Strickland (1831–1863) and Rebecca Jane Tompkins (1832–1893)

So, I'm unable to determine how my Strickland line connects to him and his descendants. There aren't any notes in his profile with any sources or documentation to validate his parents, so thanks in advance for any info to clarify / correct his parental connections.

Today at 8:14 PM

I did some Googling. I put a link to his FInd-a-Grave page in his profile notes. That site doesn't list his parents.

His Wiki page lists a name for his father but not his mother;

https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Strickland-2324

"Although yet to be proven with certainty, it appears John Columbus Strickland (1855/6-1934) was born in either Early or Randolph County, Georgia, with Randolph being more likely. John's father was John Willard "Black Jack" Strickland (b. circa 1820). His grandfather was named Richard Strickland (born circa 1777)."

Whoever put the page together with all the photos and background info seems to know a lot of details about the family but never mentions this John's mother.

Showing all 2 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion