John (Black Jack) Willard Strickland - Parents

Started by Debbie Gambrell on today
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Today at 8:49 PM

Is this John connected to the correct parents?

Asking because his father and mother show born in NC and his father died there, but John's info is he was born in VA. So the geography seems off.

There is another John Willard Strickland on Geni with info that is similar but different. Wiki refers to him as 'Black Jack':

https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Strickland-3504

John Willard Strickland

So I'm wondering if info has gotten a bit confused for two same-name men. Still, neither of them were born in NC. Not enough about the two John Willard Strickland's matches enough to merge them, even though they both have father's name Richard. I can't help but think there may be errors in both sets of profiles and connections.

I'm a Strickland descendant myself and both these guys are likely cousin lines to me, but I can't figure out how either of them connect. I use Ancestry for my personal tree and there is no consensus on there who the parents of either are. In fact, the Hints get the two confused, which I can determine because of the wives' names, which is how I ended up here on Geni hoping to be able to sort them out. I can't.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion